• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why do people seem to Worship Tolkien?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I noticed alot of people on this website are obsessed with J. R. R. Tolkien, I mean hes great and whatever but these frigan people need to get a life and stop memorzing Tolkien lore, which is consideribly longer than Warcraft lore, but in truth I wouldn't know. I'm just so tired of seeing people bicker of Sauron and Melkor, or whatever his name is. Who cares if Melkor died, or he didn't look like this or he fought whomever, especially on the models section, just make your frigan comments, rate it if you must, and report errors, don't start a ridicously huge argument or LoTR. This guy wrote like a thousand books and these people seem to memorize every little fact and detail. I'm not telling anyone to lose their hobby, though they'll probably just say something mean about me, but just take a little break.

Level 9
Dude are you an idiot, people dont worship him its just they like to correct others because they are very into that sort of thing. To a point i am a LotR fan so i find what you say not necessary an i ask for you to retract the statement because it is NONE of your buisness of what people like or for you to interfere into it.

Fact: Melkor (named Morgoth by the elves) is a part of the Valar and is immortal like his brother Manwe.

Fact: Sauron is Maia and was Melkor's most trusted person.

Btw if you have a problem with me putting in these facts then keep it to yourself because as far as i know it isnt against the rules.

Level 25
As a lore nut of the Warcraft universe, I'm just gonna tell you to STFU about people caring about lore

Who cares if its longer? Who cares if they're arguing about it somewhere? Boo freaking woo! They obvious care about it as much as I care about Warcraft lore, and you have no right to tell them to not care about it

If I can go onto a page and complain the hell outta someone for thinking that Sargy EVER looked ANYTHING like a Doomguard (Which he never did), they can complain about the innacuracies in their prefered universe

Level 7
Stop telling what other shall and shall not do. If you can't do anything else, shut the FU.

I think the reason people "worship" (what an exaggerated word) Tolkien is, that his lore, hate it or love it, is an important part of what wc3 and other fantasy games/movies/books/whatever is somehow builded on his lore.

Level 9
Tell me why it wouldnt draw his attention, if im not mistaken Finarfin is an elf from the Silmarillion (not sure but i think he is noldor). And once again the Silmarillion is another of Tolkiens works.

Level 7
Lord Finarfin said:
If you don't like it why complain? Your whining certainly isn't going to change anyone's opinion, and you only make yourself look foolish.

* Gives Lord Finarfin a smile and a cookie for sharing my opinion *

:) Smile

Chocolate%20Cookie%20With%20White%20Chocolate%20Chips%20.jpg
Cookie

Level 11
Wow, two posts and the thread is hijacked. That might be a new personal record.

Finarfin is actually the king/ruler of the Noldor who live in Valinor. Half-brother of Feanor, he stayed behind when Feanor and Fingolfin went to Middle Earth. His daughter is Galadriel, Lady of Lothlorein.

Level 9
Well i got some of it right, o btw i got a question i dont remember but did Finarfin reject his brother because of the kinslaying in Alqualonde (cant the the thing with the e :()

Status
Not open for further replies.