• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Why did this model become seethrough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I used the Vertex Modifier program to delete the hero glow, glowing hands, and the shiny star on his axe for the Rexxar model. I looked at the model in War3 Model Editor and it looked fine.
When I imported into WE part of his back was seethrough. I didnt see this problem in the viewer so I duno what happened any1 got a solution?

modeltroublejp8.jpg

Level 6
Well if i did delete the cape i wasnt intending to. I was just trying to remove the hero glow material. I was careful, double checking everytime i deleted vectors that i was only deleting the glow on the hero. When i open the model in a viewer he has his cape still on. I did notice while in the game that he gets his cape back only while hes performing animations. I dont know, can you offer any steps I can take to remove his hero glow a different way?

Level 6
ops, yes vertices

I already tried using Magos Model editor to delete the hero glow. After I imported the model and saved, I restarted WE, opened the map and it crashed. Its probably because the hero glow geoset still had animation references. I followed a tutorial that would delete Material and Texture code from the .mdl file but that didnt work either. Can anyone else remove the hero glow on the Rexxar model successfully?

Status
Not open for further replies.