1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Why AoS?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Chizume, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fair enough, however if trends continue, MW will be replaced by another CoD, which imo is the same thing, but I suppose as far as a single game goes, CS (especially 1.6 or whatever) is the longest lasting. Quake still played much?

2. noxwinsloll

noxwinsloll

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually you might want to refer to a source that clearly states mw2 isnt anywhere near being the most popular game.

3. cboy123

cboy123

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, I am making an AoS. But at first I was trying to make a Tower Defense map but someone poke my head and AoS is the result.

Hey. Without Starcraft, there is no Aeon of Strife (Right?)
    and Without Aeon of Strife, there is no DOTA, my map, your AoS-type map, blah blah blah.

Note: Most people makes AoS-type maps to beat Dota. Like hvo-busterkomo said (Quote:)
    This is true. Hey Beating DOTA will make you famous. But I am not trying to beat DOTA. I only make maps for fun.

4. NubblePie

NubblePie

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    You don't have to make it better. It just has to be different, and in some/most cases more rigged. For example, "Naruto Shippuden Ninpou" has worse description, rigged heroes, imbalanced gold, but people play it because....Naruto.

5. cboy123

cboy123

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yah. Cause of Naruto thingy.

6. -Berz-

-Berz-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Because they are fun ti play, you level up kill other players, use nice spells, buy items...etc. It takes ~ hour to play one game. It's a mix of fun, bit of strategy.. as pyra said.