• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why 3.0.3 is taking so long, details inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Besides the fact that 3.0.3 is a huge content patch with tons of new things, balance edits, a new hero, many new bosses, many many new unit types and all that good stuff... We are fighting a constant uphill battle VS system bugs and hitting the limits of wc3 around every corner.

Currently we are dealing with a totally random desyncs. No matter how many replays I watch, or desyncs I even see happen... not myself or any of my testers can even begin to pinpoint why this is happening.

After witnessing some older and very very very weird bugs with the wc3 system, things that just don't make sense. I am going through my entire map script changing a lot of little things and shared variables, be them private or global.

All these little brick walls we are hitting is slowing the progress down the most, but we will shatter them one way or another and get this patch out.

So please... bare with us.

Thank you

-Vexsin

Status
Not open for further replies.