• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Whitepine Crafting Bag system issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
First let me just say that I really like focus on crafting that 1.2(C) brought to us. I like how system works, but issue that was probably unintended is that it actually discourages group play.

Best way to get bags is to farm magnataur area that have lowest avg hp and defenses, are pretty tame comparing to other area creeps. (motv ghouls, shield slam skellies and burst dmg trolls with feline etc). This makes remaining areas mostly untouched unless you are leveling souls. Also because of the way bags drop, it's better to farm them separately than in groups, and both legendary items and bag blues are among last items you acquire on your character. All of this discourages multiplayer groups and Gaia being multiplayer rpg, I think this is bad.

Possible solution? I think giving repeatable quests chance to drop bag (like ~10% chance) would make those quests replayable for much longer time. More areas would be explored and played instead of magnataur zone. This wouldn't fix multiplayer issue however.For multiplayer issue, it would be easy fix - just make repeatable quest to kill Yeti give guaranteed bag drop. Average time to farm bag is 20-30 minutes, depending on class dps and number of creeps you can kill before they start respawning. 30 min repatable quest would mean that teams could still hit bosses in groups and people wouldn't lose their *potential solo farming time for bags* even if their characters are maxed as far as boss drops are concerned and only need bag items.
New repeatable quest could even be made to kill random boss to get bag, but with people afking, disconnecting, game crashing etc, I think Yeti kill is still most reasonable to reward bag because it can be done with weaker team compositions than zharo/seer.

Perhaps I'm overstressing those issues, but I do think it's a bit of a problem. Feel free to give opinion on what I wrote.

Level 8
AFAIK zwieb wanted there to be things to do apart from boss grinding so he came up with these crafting bags. It was supposed to be a reward for the potion vendor's quest (crafting and selling the Fine gear) but we couldn't think of a way to keep players from abusing that (by way of just reloading the Fine gear if you don't get what you want). So now we're stuck with this double RNG situation.

I like the idea of having a chance to get bag from the dailies, they're ignored completely apart from the dust ones. I doubt he'll want to have it in a boss quest reward. I would personally like it as a reward for a repeatable creep hunt quest. Something like kill 10 of everything. So we still have to play hard for it but remove the RNG and grind-magnas-only elements.

Level 4
Zwieb you don't wan't any more suggestions?
The community is made from different people with different ideas of fun and game design, so as a community it's pretty hard to "make up our minds", and even when we are trying to give our best feedback and suggestions in a positive manner, you act as it was a burden =/.
I sincerely think you are overreacting to people's opinion, because you don't have to do anything you don't want with your game and the users are just giving their points of view (which, collectively, will be most of the times diverse and sometimes even opposite).

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
That's because you don't see all the stuff I get via PMs and in the chat and only see those that are part of the forums.

Since the release of 1.2C, I'm getting bombarded with demands and complaints about how almost everything I've changed sucks.

I am and always was open for suggestions.
And the problem is: I think that this is part of the reason why everyone is complaining now.

Why did I create all this solo content? Because people suggested to have more of that.
Why did I create all these legendary items? Because people wanted more.
Why did I make the legendary components and made all the legendaries recipes? Because people complained about the lack of crafting and that first-gen legendaries were too hard to get with just a single boss to grind all day long.
Why did I make legendary items weaker in comparison to normal items? Because people didn't want to be forced to have them to be competitive.

I just feel I should go back to my own vision of the game instead of trying to please everyone. The last time I designed content completely by my own idea of how the content should look like, the shitstorm wasn't nearly as bad as it is now.

For the next update, I am currently taking a break from fulfilling community requests and completely go for an idea I personally came up with and that is going to be my pet peeve.
I hope you guys will like it more than the 1.2C content. At least I am sure that I do.

Last edited:
Level 8
Z it's typical... Happy peoples are less likely to give comments/compliments, those who don't like something don't need special invite to share their thoughts.
The more popular you become, the more haters, suggestion makers, smartasses you will get.
Multiply what happens to you by 1mln. and you wil know what famous actors feel ;p

From my expirience, best solution are rules... have some moderators to deal with public, restrict yourself to do annoucements and reply in public only in right section (if some1 post bug in new thread or under loot table - ignore it) ect.
For v.C i think you did excellent job(boss fights, even area is so damn pretty), game is accelerating, new mechanics, more spells and talents I rly like it and look forward into D4 and more item customization. and ofcourse floating islands(Avatar fan).

Best of luck Z. ;)

Level 2
That's because you don't see all the stuff I get via PMs and in the chat and only see those that are part of the forums.

Since the release of 1.2C, I'm getting bombarded with demands and complaints about how almost everything I've changed sucks.

I am and always was open for suggestions.
And the problem is: I think that this is part of the reason why everyone is complaining now.

Why did I create all this solo content? Because people suggested to have more of that.
Why did I create all these legendary items? Because people wanted more.
Why did I make the legendary components and made all the legendaries recipes? Because people complained about the lack of crafting and that first-gen legendaries were too hard to get with just a single boss to grind all day long.
Why did I make legendary items weaker in comparison to normal items? Because people didn't want to be forced to have them to be competitive.

I just feel I should go back to my own vision of the game instead of trying to please everyone. The last time I designed content completely by my own idea of how the content should look like, the shitstorm wasn't nearly as bad as it is now.

For the next update, I am currently taking a break from fulfilling community requests and completely go for an idea I personally came up with and that is going to be my pet peeve.
I hope you guys will like it more than the 1.2C content. At least I am sure that I do.

Dont hear them! 1.2c is amazing! I love it! Do whatever you want to do, u just need keep going on! Haters gonna hate. Fuck th.em al.l. Again, fuck them all. I'm waiting for next version, keep going and do it on ur pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.