• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

White/Green Graphics Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Soo, I recently uninstalled Reforged and installed it again on another harddrive to make up some room.

When I tried testing to see if everthing still worked, I got this view.

Oh, and the editor doesn't work either. It crashes.

I can't seem to find a fix for it. So any ideas?

error.jpg

error2.jpg

Last edited:
Level 50
The last thing I did before running warcraft3 and finding this bug was updating windows.
Latest windows/graphic driver version breaks reforged.
Some dude on blizzard forum installed an older graphic card version and it got fixed.
I didn't update my windows and still have bugs.

Edit:
Reviewing the crash the client isn’t able to load data either due to a conflict or permission issue. We are seeing minor reports of textures missing from the community but we have not been able to reproduce this issue yet internally We have a tracking thread here: h ttps://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/main-thread-missing-textures-cant-see-in-game-units/25741/35

In your case though you have crash reports on top of this issue. I would recommend the following actions to help narrow this down the source of this issue faster:

1. We have seen some interesting stability issues impacting our games differently since the more recent Nvidia Drivers have been released We would want to first want and older driver. Please perform a clean install of h ttps://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/162980/en-us. When you get to the Install Option screen select: Custom (Advanced) -> Next -> Check Mark: Perform a clean installation -> finish the install and restart the PC.

2. At C:\program files (x86)\common files\portrait displays\plugins\dp\msghook64.dll This hook appears at at the top of the crash stack it would mean we should remove this application as it could be a direct conflict. Try temporarily uninstalling Portrait Display software from the system and restart the PC.

3. Reinstall the Blizzard Desktop app and game to your C:\ drive. This step is to help rule out a permission issue with the E:\ drive. Ensure the game is being launched and loading from the OS drive can help avoid access issues.

4. If you utilize OneDrive to back up files. We want to ensure that OneDrive itself did not back up your Warcraft III folder in Documents and that it si setup to avoid performing this action: h ttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98b8b011-8b94-419b-aa95-a14ff2415e85
@GodofCinder did you tried this, maybe?

Man, I can't believe this is happening. People complain about 20 days because of crashes, invisible units, texture-less models, data being corrupted when run the game, and still not a single reply from them with some fix. What a shame for the Blizzard!
But... But... Now you have bigger chicken footprints!

Reactions: pyf
Level 50
If it works, you can then slap their cheek on the patch thread that they were silent about this important issue :D
It doesn't work for me. I still can't test the map through the WE. Same issue with the game data being corrupted pops up. The blue team color is still "black" for me. But I can see some textures fixed which were black/white for some reason.

I guess I need to reinstall the game again(for the fifth time now). Damn you Blizzard for forcing me to do this!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.