• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Black Screen when testing map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi all,

So I have an interesting bug... if I test a map while the editor is using reforged graphics the game opens, loads, then goes to a black screen for a minute or so. Then closes the game!

However if I test the map with the standard graphics it opens the game, loads, then functions and has loaded reforged graphics on the game!

Guess I've found a bit of a work-around but I didn't know if anyone else has found this issue? Maybe it doesn't like running reforged graphics on the editor and on the actual game (on my laptop at least)

Anyone else come across this issue?

Level 20
You summoned me, puny Lich... :D

And honestly, as much as I'd like to help, I'm not a tech person and since I no longer own Reforged, I cannot even do my usual "try random things until you figure it out" problem-solving routine. From the description it seems like it might indeed be too taxing on OP's computer to run both the WE and the game with Reforged assets. If OP wants to test it, he could for instance try first opening the map in the editor with Reforged graphics and then launch the map independently through the Custom Games.

But then again, from what we've seen so far - Reforged is pretty buggy, so I wouldn't be suprised if this was some weird bug.

Level 13
Thanks for coming back to me!

I've not done much with Reforged as it's not been very... reliable... should I say... But I wanted to give it a go

If it is a bug hopefully it gets fixed at some point in the future, otherwise I'll just stick to using my work around!

Status
Not open for further replies.