• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Which story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I want to make a Warcraft campaign, I have decided, but can't for the life of me decide on a story. I have narrowed it down to two; but which one to do first, I couldn't decide. That's why I am bringing the two idea's (in elevator-pitch format) to you guys; to get your opinions on which I should do.

#1: Love-story

It's a love story between two Orcs. It may or may not take place in Warcraft's universe. Drolen is a cowardly, non-confrontational boar-hunter. He is quiet and stays entirely out of trouble, and is head over heels for Ziphur; a Coquettish she-orc who flirts with everyone but him. When Ziphur gets in trouble, getting in deep with a dangerous gang, Drolen joins to stay close and protect her. But he finds that it might be no accident on her part getting involved in the wrong crowd...

That's what I got for this idea. Even I don't know what I meant by that last sentence, so I'm obviously not done.

#2: Heroic Story

It's the life story, told in several episodes, of Broll; hero of the Orcs. (I like orcs.) It takes place in an original universe me and my friends made, during a time that the Orcs were slowly losing their several thousand war long war with the Wood Elves. Broll comes along and mobilizes the Orcs and under his banner they go to a final victory. Later episodes are about his many adventures there-after and his time as King.

...What do you think? I am also open to coming up with more, so if you don't think either are very strong, let me know.

Level 14
I'd go with the love story one. It's a much more unique idea so you might be able to stay away from the usual hero cliches. (I've been trying to figure out how to do that with my campaign. It's hard once you get trapped in)

Level 3
I agree with Veritas 117 because it's unique. As far as I understood Drolen is a pretty weak guy. I assume you wouldn't just jump into the rescue story from Chapter 1? Maybe Drolen should find his bravery first before deciding to join the Orcish gang. Generally in campaigns the guy is a warrior from the beginning. You can follow a different path.

So campaign might start very peaceful. He sees Ziphur getting into trouble but can't do anything. Then he gets into a situation where he needs to protect himself. Maybe in one of his boar hunts, he finds a river and gets ambushed by a couple murlocs. (Which would be the fight of his life for our weak hero.) When he beats the murlocs he joins the gang.

I don't know, I'm just throwing some ideas.

Level 8
I will write you a story, you may expand it.

Dorek, the Fourth controlled the Orcs at forty years ago, one day he wants to step back... he signed his heir. Dorek, the Fifth. Dorek received a strong empire from his father. Dorek IV lived in peace with his neighbors, the Humans of Crade and the Dwarves of Meissa, these lands welcomed Dorek V as the new orc ruler. Dorek V invited Gregor, the Second and Drakul, leader of the Dwarflands. A feast happened... everyone eats, drinks a lot. Later the drunken Drakul went to sleep... forever. He beheaded by an orc servant in his bed. Gregor, the Second?
Well... he escaped from the massacre with his bodyguards and went away, chased by Dorek V's orc hunters. Next day, the king of the orcs announced the conquest of Crade, Meissa and Fanul. Dorek V collected his army of raiders and siege the border of Crade, in here Gregor II's generals led their troops to protect the border. Dorek V separated his army to five group, each of them contained 10000 orc. Three group reached Crade's capitol Detas. Dorek V sack the town of Detas, and kill Gregor II and his family. Dorek, lead his army back... he hopes that he follow his ancestor Dorek I or Jathaloo III, who known as fierce pillagers, Dorek V found his father weak, who almost bow before humans, dwarves or petty faeries... disgusting is Dorek first thought. He will take their gold, resource and women. Dorek even wants to give the faerie prisoners to his gremlin supporters... Dorek V returned home, and found his castle and capital razed. Why? Who? And the news... why he not instructed about this? Not enough time for thinking, the orcs shouts about attackers! Dorek V went to a tower's top room and see what he want. Dwarves and skinny, armored flying women... faeries. As a young orc, Dorek V befriended a faerie, called Vestu, who seems to like him, but when Dorek, as prince give her flowers to show his love, well... he thought to Joseph, the Orc... who married with a tall faerie and his wife give him three wonderful halfling (half orc and half faerie). Vestu laughed him and ignored Dorek. Dorek stunned and planned his revenge. Dorek V shared a lot of friendly moments with Vestu, like drinking, eating, training and speaking under a tree. Dorek thought himself as a romantic orc, so he will execute Vestu under a tree, the same one where he confess his love and rejected by Vestu. Yes... he will execute the wench... the wench with muscular, toned feminine body, sharp intellect, long smile and a greatly pompous behaviour. Dorek V touched his neck. It is cold liquid. Blood, arrive from his neck like waterfall.
- The King is attacked! They shouted...
Dorek V fell to the floor and feel his life empty, sad, and annoying. He think to his father... Dorek IV, Vestu, he loved her, but rejected. He remembered back Dorek I, did he died so shameful? No...

Last edited:
Level 23
Write whichever you personally find more interesting. Sounds like an oxymoron, but the one you find more inspired to write will probably end up being better and more interesting on that virtue alone, rather than how "new" the overview of that story is.

Personally though, I think to classify the 2 stories as "love" or "heroics" is a bit limiting. You can have both themes in one very easily.
I think you should ignore the genre and instead plot out an outline of what happens in the story (which you kinda already have).
> Define the setting (world, characters etc.)
> Define the main obstacle your characters are trying to overcome
> Define the major events in the story
> Conclude with your ending

Then, just let it write itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.