• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

--Short-Story Writing Workshop--

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
~~Lolzaxis's Short-Story Writing Workshop~~

Welcome, one and all, to my Story Writing workshop. I am fairly good at writing stories for a map, campaign or RPG for the asking user. I am happy to do item, unit etc. backgrounds as well.

Please explain what you want in your story, the beginning, middle and end (roughly), and the plot. Explain what characters will be explained in this story. It can either be a short story or a small sentence (for an item or hero). Please explain these things...

>Name of the Short-Story (optional)
>Character(s)
>Setting(s)
>Beginning, Middle, End
>Era (prehistoric, medieval, medieval magic, modern or future)

If it's an item/hero background just say the...

>Name of the item/hero
>Rough idea of the background

I will post the ones I am working on here, and I will only do 5 short-stories at a time.

These are the current short-stories I am working on.

1 - Ognjen19's Japanese Samurai Story

These are the short stories I have finished...

Here is an example of a short-story, determining the start of a dark force that is coming to a peaceful world.

>Characters - Captain Jonathan (a guard), Old Wizard (old wizard, main character)
>Mountains, Valley, Villager
>Begininng (old man sitting near hut meditating)
>Middle (Guard comes up, accuses wizard of attacking town, )
>Last (darkness consumes wizard, blows up, ring falls in river)
>Era - Medieval Magic

"The peaceful winds of Ardania blew through the small village sitting on the mountain tops. Overlooking the valleys below, a small hut stood. Built with smooth wood and stone. A small man sat in front of the hut, sitting peacefully. He had a long, grey beard and was wearing a long white robe. Suddenly, a tall and swift guard ran up to the white robed man.

The guard was panting hard. He had obviously ran from the large town in the valley, all the way up the mountain. The old man sighed and look up from his meditating. "What is it now, Jonathan?" He spoke.

The guard, named Jonathan, was surprised. How could the old man have known that his name was Jonathan, long before he had actually seen him. Jonathan spoke through his surprise.

"Look here, you... Wizard! My city has been attacked and you... You knew, didn't you!" The man panted hard through his breath. He was calming down, now.

The old wizard got up and stared directly into Jonathan's eyes. "Maybe I did... Maybe I did not..." Jonathan was taken aback. This was a normal wizard comment to almost anything. He growled at the response.

"Do you want to be executed, Wizard?" He yelled in the wizard's face, spitting at him. "You and your stupid foreseeing have only started a constant terror and fear in my village, and I will NOT stand for it!"

Two more guards came up. The wizard had a sudden frightened look on their faces as all the guards drew their weapons. Then, as they advanced, he smiled. Lifting his hands, he began casting a spell. The guard's hesitated to step any further, but it was too late. All the guards were blasted backwards, onto their backs.

"I have told you many times, Jonathan! My foreseeing is one more powerful than all of the other wizards I have met! In fact, let us see how your village is capable of another attack from MY...forces!"

The guard was taken aback once again. This time with fear and worry. This wizard could not be the same one who attacked the other villages. But then the wizard laughed. He was obsessed with power, and it was not his doing. Something was corrupting the pre-good wizard. Something dark...

"Run! Run away Jonathan! For a great evil comes! A great evil that will consume this world and all others! Run Jonathan, to your demise!"

Jonathan had enough. He got up and ran. The wizard was floating in mid air, darkness swirling around him. His hut was shaking violently. Visions of death itself struck the poor wizard. And then a sudden blow stuck the wizard. One of darkness of black and purple. The wizard was crying, now, for he knew what was happening. A final vision struck his mind. Demons, hundreds of them, swarming into Ardania. Destroying it. Destroying the whole universe. And then everything went black, as a hero of holy light showed himself in the visions, fighting the demon hordes. A last tear, and the wizard exploded in a swirl of black and purple, and the ring that corrupted him fell into the lake nearby."

I wrote this hurriedly so I did not exactly concentrate on it.

Thank you for reading this. If anyone wants to help, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.