• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which league are you in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
There was a beta thread about it, now this is for after release. Leagues are variable through time, you know.

4 wins and 1 disconnect (java script error, alt+tab then

Funny, the same as usual but nice cause I only played 5 games in July's 2nd beta phase. So they shouldn't even count, you could say I havent played since June 7th cause that's when I last did lots of games. And not bad for the first games in so long time.

Level 22
i was diamond 10, but wanted to get my ghost portrait faster so i just demoted myself to bronze 2.

Rank 30 diamond, but I barely ladder.

Got into Diamond today, but I dont play 1v1 much

Yes and partially it's because from Diamond, where higher? That's what I mean all the time, Blizzard killed the competitiveness of the ladder completely. If you get in Diamond so quickly, you lose some of your motivation to do further, unless losing places. Previous Bnet was made so well, they just let it die. You actually had to play a lot of games to reach High Levels. In case Diamond means that, according to sc2ranks.com just on EU: 23,242 are in Diamond (some with 0 points). I highly doubt all there mean 'good' and even if there may be many good players, getting into the 'best league' like that is so wrong.

I'd post it in Blizz forums except for they barely read posts and you will get trolled cause you can't enter their forums from an acc other than your official SC2 one, so just makes me furious at them.

Level 11
Yes and partially it's because from Diamond, where higher? That's what I mean all the time, Blizzard killed the competitiveness of the ladder completely. If you get in Diamond so quickly, you lose some of your motivation to do further, unless losing places. Previous Bnet was made so well, they just let it die. You actually had to play a lot of games to reach High Levels. In case Diamond means that, according to sc2ranks.com just on EU: 23,242 are in Diamond (some with 0 points). I highly doubt all there mean 'good' and even if there may be many good players, getting into the 'best league' like that is so wrong.

I'd post it in Blizz forums except for they barely read posts and you will get trolled cause you can't enter their forums from an acc other than your official SC2 one, so just makes me furious at them.

I agree. Just recently I was paired against a rank 1 Diamond player who has won every single one his matches with 2 gate. I checked his game history, most games were won within 4 minutes, but some were 6 minutes long. People like that dont deserve to be classified as "the best" because they are in a diamond league. I feel that we should all start at bronze league, and only a select few should move up at a time, while the rest of us stay in bronze.

Level 20

Actually I barely laddered even when I was in plat. It's not like there's no competition after you get into diamond. Work yourself up to rank 1 diamond, then work yourself up in the global ranking.

Level 22
i started at plat 50 and worked myself up. honestly i only ladder for the portraits. diamond is just plain ole boring cause u know what each race is gonna do:
1. zerg speedling/baneling ----> mutualisk
2. protoss - i always bunker rush these sucka foos now a days, so i dont even remember what they do, other than voidray mass and stalker mass
3. terran siege tank, mass marauder, banshees, vikings

Level 40
i started at plat 50 and worked myself up. honestly i only ladder for the portraits. diamond is just plain ole boring cause u know what each race is gonna do:
2. protoss - i always bunker rush these sucka foos now a days, so i dont even remember what they do, other than voidray mass and stalker mass
You clearly have never played in diamond.

lol i never know what i'm gonna do until i scout.

Level 22
I was even gonna add another question to the thread but didnt pay attention to it - how much Ladder Points. When someone says 'Points' I was only thinking of 'Achievement points' that has no relation to skill. But league/ladder points is something that matters and I didn't pay attention until yesterday when at TL this became clear for me. Ladder points and Win:Loss ratio means more than just league to distinguish among players in the same league.

Status
Not open for further replies.