• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

League?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I am in 2v2 gold, with about a 60/40 win/loss, so I am pretty happy.

My 1v1 is pretty crappy win/loss.

I am a good support player, but not a good 1v1 player... :thumbs_down:
I personally like 2v2 AT because it's fun to play with friends and because you have more options for strategy due to 2 different races (usually).

As for 1v1, playing by myself against someone I don't even know just doesn't appeal to me.

Level 22
After The Ladder Reset

Now that's more like it. A good Terran player prevented me from winning 5:0 and being in Diamond as that's what I aimed on Placement matches. Anyway this league suits me more than I was before where I started owning most in the last days of bronze.

And I didn't play during the dropping days. So these are real wins/losses, I haven't been placed high thx to enemy dropped, no such thing :)

Level 10
league.png

About 7 1v1 losses are from critical errors/diconnects; I get carried in 2v2 with a pro ally.

Level 11
Went 4-1 on 2v2 AT placement matches (on the last one I had to AFk halfway through, still think we could've won), but its broken now for some reason and all the leagues are fucked up.

Probably got platinum, though I bet I could be diamond on 2v2 if I wasn't playing zerg, which is my absolute worst race by far.

Level 10
I still don't understand this ranking system.

A friend and myself did some 2v2, we went 4-1, and were put into Silver.

lolwat?

It confuses me!

They don't tell us how they rate players, but I reckon it's a mix of how many wins/loss you got in placement, the ranks of the people you vsed and stats such as average APM and average resources unspent.

Level 11
APM isn't a very good indicator of skill - my APM is significantly higher when I play zerg, and zerg is my worst race by a good margin.

Also, yeah, I kinda stop macroing if the enemies are just horrible noobs trying to hide the rax yet failing at doing so.

PlatinumZ2v2.jpg

5 wins, 0 losses in placements, and we get Platinum instead of Diamond. Quite silly. :mad:

Last edited:
Level 22
You can't disagree that placement matches need to be more than 5 cause all can happen even luck of others etc. But I guess, 1 thing I like is: Beating someone 2 leagues above you or say another one or two of that kind instantly qualifies you up. I was ranked 5th and qualified 1 league above in that way. In the beginning I was with the impression that you always need to be rank 1st and then get wins while still being #1, but you dont need to be ranked 1st. All that matters is beating someone higher league. And that's good cause what they told me month ago was wrong. So I suppose, if you are good enough you can climb quickly, nm where you start.

Level 20
Well I just lost two games in a row, my record is 4-3, and Blizzard's fantastic ranking system decided not only to promote me to platinum division, but to promote me to rank 1 in my platinum division. Great.

Note: I am probably a gold level player, all BNet kinks aside.

Level 22

My last beta playing and my first 5 games since June 7th. What can I say... I got uber graphics lag during a battle, I only saw I lost it.. could have won. Does patch 16 and the new sh*t somehow increase the weight of graphics as in, cost you more? In high graphics and textures it ran 100% smoothly on phase 1 of beta..

I was so gonna climb up if I had time

Level 40
Plat/Plat/Plat/Gold for 1v1/2v2/3v3/4v4. Probably should be Diamond/Plat/Plat/Plat (seeing as I was diamond (or platinum before diamond existed) 1v1 every other ladder reset), but I don't play enough (you can't place in Diamond, and I have only played 10 games of 1v1 in this phase). Not that I really care since the leagues are a bit screwey--for example, one of my friends who is about as good as me got placed in Bronze due to two DCs during placements, has proceeded to be placed against pretty much only diamond players and maintain a healthy record, and has yet to be promoted.

Level 11
There is a minimum number of games you have to play before being promoted - effectively, the game considers you to be in a different league for matchmaking, but it doesn't move you until you have enough games (thus why you can lose matches and get promoted).

Status
Not open for further replies.