• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which is more user friendly/easier to use, World Editor or Galaxy Editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I was just wondering what you guys think is the better editor for making games. By this I mean how easy is it for first timers to figure out how to make what they want or which editor is better for doing nearly anything (I.E. I know World Editor can't change hero names in-game, I don't know about Galaxy Editor)?

World_Editor_VS_Galaxy_Editor.jpg

Level 9
I consider (for me) the Editor of Warcraft 3 (World Editor) well more easier to make maps of that the of Stacraft 2. Even having (Starcraft 2) the native language of the country I live that (Brazilian Portuguese). :(

I think that me complicate in Starcraft 2 was linking feature with agents.

Level 19
You're definitions conflict

. By this I mean how easy is it for first timers to figure out how to make what they want
Warcraft 3, by far. Starcrat 2 has an incredibly steep learning curve. (though maybe I'm just saying that because I learned world edit >10 years ago and I still haven't gotten close to learning galaxy)

or which editor is better for doing nearly anything

After the curve, SC2 editor is more powerful, although its asset based is limited unless you want to import all of WoW.

Neither of them are worth learning though, IMO. If you want to do programming, make Java applets or some shit. If you want to learn environment design, practice Maya/Unity 3D/Source 2

Starcraft 2 was linking feature with agents.
i think you mean actors (though thats probably just a translation thing)

Actors were a good idea but the entire implementation was pretty rough

Status
Not open for further replies.