• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which games will become indie game? Like Warhammer or Dwarven monster slayers

Status
Not open for further replies.

old

old

Level 6
I have seen, hive is making an excellent job to gamers universe revealing talents. My question is:
Wich games are in development stage? Why just this games? There's a lot of maps with a good premise, but i see just a little bit (actually, i saw only these 2).

old

old

Level 6
Elemental TD, and probably plenty other.

I know my leap into computer science was basically because of wc3 modding, and I bet there is plenty more like me.

Basically all moba-s and td-s stems from starcraft/warcraft afterall.

"Plenty other"?
Other? Who is the other?

Elemental TD is a nice, i didn't know it became an indie game. I think dwarven monsters slayers is the highest project untill now.

Level 8
If you're talking about custom WC3 maps that have gone on to become stand-alone games, the only one that I can think of other than Dota 2 (obviously) is Legion TD 2. They've done an amazing job. Truly.

Level 8
I guess that counts. You could probably say that about any AoS/MOBA these days. I just thought we were looking at games that are essentially 1:1 ports of custom maps.

Any others? :D

Porting popular wc3 custom maps to standalone formats is a huge risk that not many mappers are willing to take.

As soon as your map is a standalone game, it has to compete with all the other indie games out there, pushing the the required quality standards by a huge margin.
Meanwhile, a map in WC3 will mostly generate more exposure within an established community and only has to compete with other WC3 maps of similar genre.

It really depends on the genre, though. MOBA style games are probably less of a risk to port.

Reactions: pyf
Level 15
Im actually suprised there haven't been more ports, but then again I don't look around that often. How big must the games be, and maybe we just never noticed small ports? Not every game gets a player base counted in millions you know.

But if we go by future possible ports to my mind...

Mobile:
Deathsheep
Bomber & Command
Run Kitty Run / Slide Kitty Slide
<Insert escape map here>
Hungry Hungry Felhounds
<Insert TD here >
Line <Tower/Hero/Whatever> Wars

PC:
Escape Builder
Uther Party
Mad Balls Arena
<Insert TD here >
Line <Tower/Hero/Whatever> Wars
Many of the space themed maps (if they weren't already "ported" from somewhere else)
Maybe one of the tag maps: Sheep Tag, Jurrasic Park, Forest Tag and all the others whos name i forget.
One of the many Bfme/LotR iterations

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.