• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wherewolf's Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Rainbow]Wherewolf's Music[/Rainbow]

K, this is my "gallery" thread of music I've written. I'll update this when I finish something new (semi-often - depends on how much inspiration I have). I will post everything in an Mp3 download and some in a youtube video (depending on the circumstances I may just post the youtube video). If you'd like a track that I haven't uploaded in mp3 but have youtube, feel free to PM me about it. You are free to use these tracks in your maps, but I'd like to be credited for it and be told what map it's being used in.

Notice: Not all tracks have uniform volume - sorry for the inconvenience.

Old stuff

Youtube Videos

A piece for the Wc4 soundtrack.
Original Melody by Nara-Shikamaru
Mastering work done by Asomath

Don't really have much to say about this one other then I got bored and wanted to make something simple

Wanted to make something spazzy, I think I succeeded

Did a remix of a friends song, the link to the original is in an annotation in the video.
Put a lot of work into this one.

Started this one a while ago, only recently got to finishing it.
Mp3 download link coming sometime soon

mp3 coming soon....

Name named to be a pointless name

\

Made this for a request a while ago but I don't believe it was actually used for something
So I synced a cat running into a wall up to it

All voice samples are from Filmcow's Llamas with Hats 4

Original Christmas-ish piece

Actually I'm not too happy with how the final of this came out but whatever I guess

Ambient/Chillout/Downtempo/something like that

My version of Stinkfist by tool
Mastering by Asomath

Original rock instrumental

A friend was having a competition to remix one of his songs, this is my entry.
Actually the likeness to the Gerudo Valley theme at first wasn't intended, but that's how it ended up so I threw in a few references to that too.

My entry for music contest # 3

Attachments

• Dragon Stole my Cake.mp3
    1.4 MB · Views: 407
  • I Drop Kick You.mp3
    2.7 MB · Views: 319
  • Frozen Cookie.mp3
    2.6 MB · Views: 292
  • Crystal Clear Catastrophe.mp3
    2.3 MB · Views: 289
  • Cobalt.mp3
    3.8 MB · Views: 205
  • Primeval Entry.mp3
    3.3 MB · Views: 201
  • Sewer Theme 1.mp3
    1.8 MB · Views: 188
  • BSOD Mix Sample.mp3
    1.7 MB · Views: 143
  • Storming the Tower - Clockwork Deer Mix.mp3
    3.9 MB · Views: 143
  • Aqua Tubes.mp3
    2.6 MB · Views: 134
  • Skytop Temple take 2.mp3
    3.5 MB · Views: 134
  • Clean Ocean Zone - Post BP.mp3
    4.3 MB · Views: 135
  • Loop De Force.mp3
    2.1 MB · Views: 121
  • Face + Wall.mp3
    1 MB · Views: 124
  • Pokemon Emerald Medley - Submarine.mp3
    3.6 MB · Views: 133
  • अंतरिक्ष.mp3
    2 MB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Level 6
I think its pretty cool, the drums are maybe slightly overruling the other instruments at some points.

So you played the bass and guitar on this one?
(Talking about Unnamed Song)

Yeah, really I just put distortion on my bass then played upper octave but it sounds close.

Thats pretty much the same overall responce I've gotten towards the song (the guitar/bass playing is good but the drum parts dont fit). I was trying to get use to my new recording system when I made that so It didn't take much thought and I just used the royalty free drum loops that came with it so yeah I agree they suck. I'm no drummer but I'll find some way to get some drum parts that don't suck sooner or later.

-I'm going to get a guitar sooner or later but the problem Is that I'm left handed so I kinda just have to go with whatever I can find which isn't always in my budget range but hopefully I'll be able to provide some thicker guitar lines when I get to that.

-I listened to your songs, their all pretty good. A little soft but I can see that's your style and they're very well thought out.

Last edited:
Level 6
I agree we have our different styles what comes to composing, i do listen to rock-metal-metalcore too.

I'm left handed too :p I have a left handed guitar and bass, i understand the budget issue obviously it has to be considered before getting new instruments.

I'm not a very good drummer either, got my drums borrowed from a friend of mine, to record the songs where i need acoustic drums, i can play them, but not very good.

Lol same here. The real tough thing about Acoustic Drums is trying to record with any sort of good quality since you'd need around 6 to get some real good quality drum signals.

-I'd say I write more of prog metal then metalcore but Idk, I guess that's up to the listener to decide.

-Just wondering, I've noticed that all your songs are instrumentals - have you tried singing for any of them (idk this may be appropriate for your page but whatever).

I started working on a new idea so I should be able to post that when I get to finishing it.

Level 6
Yes, i wasn't exactly claiming this as metalcore, just clarifying my range of music ;)

Anyways, I'm not sure about my singing voice, I've never really sang to anyone. (only when i'm alone or when i'm drunk.) I could try and get CloudWolf to sing on my tracks though :D

That's something i should consider though..

Waiting for your idea to come alive.

I don't think I've included enough screaming for metalcore...............yet

Lol, its your music so everyone wants to hear your voice. If you want a confidence boost just listen to some of the terrible singers who spam up youtube, you can't be worse then some of these tone-depth idiots (the best part is how good they think they are).

I'm sure your voice probably sounds a lot better then you think it does, I know pretty much anything a musician does sounds much better to others then it does to the musician.

-Edit: Starting work on a cover of Tool's Schism

Last edited:
Level 6
Okay, I've never heard of Tool's Schism before, but sounds interesting.

I think i'll try recording voice at some point, first gotta think of something new to compose too.. And i can't compose anything right now, i don't have the time for it right now.

Added a new song:
-Well not completely new but not uploaded

Delirium - It's a bell break in a 15 minute long Prog/Art Metal odyssey I was writing (obviously this section isn't metal but you get the drift) a while ago. Listening to some of the old stuff I've worked on I particularly liked this part so I uploaded it here - the whole song is supposed to be like tracking a person going insane through different stages.

Note: It's pretty much a Rough Draft - I'd like to redo in Virtual Instrument instead of MIDI but I'll do that if I ever get to recording the whole song.

Edit:
Added another song - Dragon Stole my Cake

Really this song is me messing with Virtual Instruments - so it's not as well thought out as what I normally write (nor is it in my usual style) but I had fun with it so whatever.

Last edited:
Bump 2 - Added a new song, another VSI one and a cookie for Amigurumi.

The bass drum in a few area's is a bit much for some speakers so I would suggest listening to it through headphones unless you have a speaker system made to crank out some bass - gives you an ugly staticy choppy sound through normal speakers.

The song could make a good background for an Ice themed map (if you'd like a version of it with lighter bass drums so they don't crack speakers, I can provide one - just send me a p.m.)

Last edited:
Ok, I just listened to a few of them, here's my feedback...
  • Unnamed song - I like the tune, but those symbols in a few parts just ruin it
  • Frozen Cookie - It's a good tune and all, but it seriously made me need the toilet for some reason... Also, it could have done with a couple more layers at some of the heavier parts, just to fill it out.
  • I Drop Kick You - Not much to complain about in this one, the piano was great, so was the base, and the drums were just right. Excellent.

Added something new
-I want to keep these separate from my actual songs so I'll upload them here then link the downloads to the first post. Its the Storm Sonata from Tloz Ocarina of Time, I'll make a full song later, but right now it's just the Ocarina (intended if anyone actually needs the sound for a game). The shortened one is what Link plays if you just play it anywhere, the normal one is the sort of full song he plays when you first learn it.

Attachments

• TLoZ Storm Sonata - Ocarina Shortened.mp3
    75.7 KB · Views: 184
  • TLoZ Storm Sonata - Ocarina.mp3
    263.1 KB · Views: 198
K, added a new track
Got into a little mix up with the desired style for a project I'm helping so this won't be used in it, but I figured I'd upload it anyways. It's a quick MIDI I did (I'd redo it in better sound if it was going to be used, I may still do this anyways if I get bored) in a sky sort of theme.

First Flight of the Phoenix
(hmmm just realized I misspelled Phoenix)

If you want the MIDI file (much lower filesize, though it's a pain to get to work on wc3) just ask.

All the non-MIDI ones were made via Pro Tools 8 software, all MIDI ones were made in Guitar Pro 5 (got it from my cousin for free and it runs pretty fast and painless so for getting an idea quickly it works pretty well).

The track posted above was written out in MIDI when I gave it to Asomath who used FL Studio (with some pretty high quality orchestra plug-ins (pretty much why it doesn't sound like FL hehe)).

Level 12
I finally took the time to Download a browser music player, and listened to all of these, and it was quite enjoyable.
Unfortunately, I am no super music critic, nor do I know more than you, so that is all the advice I can give you.
Good job, and keep it up, WherewolfTherewolf.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Greatly appreciated effort and all,

Your work is interesting makes me remember all of the oldies but goldies games on amiga and such. You need to master them more :), Most of them seem to be very agitated are you like that :p ? I'm thinking you haven't got many years of music playing until now. You'll do very good if you keep working (this way you'll make your ears and brain more receptive and more concentrated on music).
What's that about your Orc Theme ? If you're the composer, you're also the producer (to produce=to create). That song inspires a mage on the run for the Kirin Tor's gates than an Orcish background (maybe you were referring to Garona :p ?).

Your work is interesting makes me remember all of the oldies but goldies games on amiga and such. You need to master them more :), Most of them seem to be very agitated are you like that :p ? I'm thinking you haven't got many years of music playing until now. You'll do very good if you keep working (this way you'll make your ears and brain more receptive and more concentrated on music).
What's that about your Orc Theme ? If you're the composer, you're also the producer (to produce=to create). That song inspires a mage on the run for the Kirin Tor's gates than an Orcish background (maybe you were referring to Garona :p ?).

Well the thing is that I've been playing music for a while, but most songs I've uploaded here really are just things I made out of boredom, thus I haven't taken extreme measures to mix them - and yeah, some of them probably really need some re-visiting. Also note that as I've said, my virtual instruments could use some upgrading too. Most things I write more seriously are actually like Alt-metal and rock, but my music set-up isn't very good for recording so I've uploaded none of that here (my comp isn't fast enough for high-quality recording)

About the Orc theme, I composed the work, but Asomath "brought it to life" - it's for the wc4:sc2 project. The thing is my virtual instruments aren't exactly the greatest, but I'm capable of composing - Asomath has great virtual instruments and skills with mastering, but he doesn't really compose much, thus for the project I compose the works in MIDI and he replaces them with virtual instruments and mixes the track, creating the final product.

Level 35
I'm digging the chord progression in the WC4 Theme but it needs more variation. I really like how it captures a sense of triumph because you start with A F D, go into Bb F D, back to A F D, then into the striking B G D. The contrast between minor to major is most poignant and I really like that.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=ap6x9g

Well I don't have anything finished to show, but I haven't really put up anything of quality here for a while and many of my older tracks seem a bit weak imo so here's a few wips I've been working on.

IIWAGLTWBIT - mainly a mix of math rock and jazz, I'd love to see if you guys can figure out the time signature changes to the chorus/intro part (no, it's not constant). This is in dire need of mixing as you can hear by the popping caused by the bass drums, shouldn't really be that difficult to fix when I get around to it. Idk if I should add more or just end it there, the current ending definitely works imo.

Mantra - Something I've started the most recently. Wanted to try and make a more minimalistic drum driven electronic type thing. Unfinished and needs more mixing (especially on the tablas)

Alone in Route 111 - a remix of a song from the pokemon games (the desert route). Pretty close to finishing, really I just think it needs more bass and that I should do something about the hi-hats popping with the flanger.

Skytop Temple - one of better written pieces, really this just needs some slight mixing and it should be easy to finish.

Also note:
I had put the finished version of BSOD here in a youtube vid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.