• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Game music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Ok so i am currently makin a map and want my own songs in the map.
I know how to import but i can't compress the song files small enough, i have tried a few programs but they didn't work. The songs are in Mp3 format do i need to convert them to another format to compress them?

So in other words...

Does anyone know a program that compresses Mp3 files small enough for me to put into my warcraft map?

:thumbs_up:

Level 13
Shanghai, don't beg for rep.

Anways, I personally just convert it to WAV and that's the jist of it. I recommend using one of the many free programs out there that converts between MP3 and WAV.

Level 6
Sound files can be converted to 112kbit/s.. i'd suggest Audacity for that.
Also, don't forget to download the lame_enc.dll to get it to work ;)

Yes, lower the bit rate. Usually, some MP3s can be lowered by 20-30%(in terms of the bit rate) before the sound quality gets notably worsened.

Also .WAV is uncompressed, .MP3 is the compressed form of .wav basically.

Also another method is to cut looping(if the song/music loops) . You can do that with Audacity very easily also.

Status
Not open for further replies.