• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Sound File compression D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
:ned: How does one go about compressing their .wav or .mp3 files for proper import into maps so that they arent so big? Before, when I still had my Windows XP, I would use the Sound Recorder to compress files. The XP sound recorder was SO much better than this bullshit, downgraded Vista Sound Recorder... But now that I can't use that at all, and all I have is Audacity, how would I compress sound files with that?

Maybe I need another program? :ned:

You can try reducing the quality of the sound files by reducing the bitrate.

I know switch sound converter can do this (and its pretty usefull for other things too, like if for some reason you needed a RAW file) http://www.nch.com.au/switch/

K, here we go a random song I made for a game. The first one is at 128 while I think I downgraded it to 32 for the second:

As you can see the file size went way down, but the quality of the sound did too

Attachments

• clearview forestfull quality.mp3
    907.3 KB · Views: 51
  • clearview forest.mp3
    226.8 KB · Views: 73
Status
Not open for further replies.