• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DEAD FiSH`s Music Pieces and Sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Introduction:
Yep I`m starting a music thread. In order to contribute myself to the community (I`m no longer a wc3 modder, which means that I gave up 3D modeling too).
But anyway I`m gonna use this thread to show and share my work with you, and those are sounds and music pieces I made.

As a fan of...
Hexen.png
I wanted to make ambient music. Now at first it didn`t sounded good, to me at all (Stalker, my first track). I`m just throwing in notes randomly and judge if what I "made" sounds good. After I convert it, magic comes in Audacity. The mixing. I just love to record my voice and mix it with the track.

I hope you all enjoy in what I made. :D

Tools I use:
- SynthFont (freeware midi composer);
- Switch Sound File Converter (thanks to WherewolfTherewolf);
- Audacity (again thanks to Wherewolf);

You can find me also on SoundCloud, a really cool site. It only lacks the edit\replace button. I don`t posted my work on YouTube! (yet) :)

Music:

Don`t be fooled by the name!
The purpose of these two is to create a feel of what would it be like to be inside a giant demon, monster or something!
For those making horror maps! ;)
Download!

My first track with actual structure!
Download!

It is EVIL!
Download!

A theme song for my Doom II TC!
Download!

Sting ensemble instrumental!
Download!

A groovy track! Experimental!
Download!

For swamp themed builds!
Download!

My second track ever!
Download!

Sounds:
All my sounds are voice recordings made with a cheap microphone and (also mixed with) Audacity!
I can`t upload WAV directly so I made a ZIP and put in two recordings I made:
- Evil02.wav (I think it`s creepy, also non-compressed. Used in track "Evil");
- Occult.wav
Download Some Sounds.zip

PERMISSION:
My music and sounds are uncompressed, which means no loss in quality.
You are allowed to compress the files if you are putting them in your map.
If you want to make music with my sounds or to edit my stuff PM me.

CREDIT ME FOR MY WORK!
YOU CAN EDIT!
Thank you! :D

Attachments

• Some Sounds.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 148
  • Storm Castle.zip
    640 KB · Views: 101
  • Frog Song.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 96
  • Funky Streets.zip
    530.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Millennium Theme.zip
    446.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Evil Core.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 173
  • Boned.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 113
  • In the Flesh.zip
    565.5 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Level 14
New track added, a main menu theme I made. Hear it » HERE «.
I`m done with experimentation and I`m starting to use more and more MIDI programs to make a tune. This one was made with 3 MIDI programs.
Also you can request spooky and ambient music or anything else. I`ll try to make it!

WOW! that makes me think i'm haunted... Nice sounds are getting better by the second

Level 15
New tune! Now named Demon, with my voice recordings made for Evil now being reused!
After experimentation that lasted for a long time, now I finally made a 1 minute track!
[Track removed due to non satisfaction of it`s creator, sorry will make another one]
WOW! that makes me think i'm haunted... Nice sounds are getting better by the second
Thanks! And for the listening too! I need more people though...

Last edited:
Level 15
Can I use some of these music files in the Paired Mapping Contest?
Credits will be given.
Yes you can! I gave the permission... Why do you think I released my work?
This is not a gallery...

Added two more tracks: Vibrations and First Date.
Also I have released a Funky Streets steel string version that was made right after the original on SoundCloud.
» Funky Streets (steel string)

Also Demon is removed. I`m not happy with it, making a better version...

Last edited:
Level 15
Ok guys stuff is rereleased in ogg format due to some worries with lame mp3 format.
SoundCloud has some trouble with the format, so i`ll wait till it becomes better for me to upload! Sorry wc3 modders. Your game does not support ogg, so you will have to convert on your own. But!
Credit must be given!
Even if tracks are edited!
They must not be sold. I am the author! This is for modding, and modding is free!

Thanks Vista sucks! I`ll do my best to make most sinister tracks ever! Sorry for late reply.

Level 15
I wanna contribute some stuff to all people there making horror maps!
I`ve made two loops In the Flesh entirely with my voice and a sound of water recorded by me!
Ever thought of a being in a belly of a giant monster?! Well these two serve to make you feel like that, for those people making horror maps! ;)
Also I`m putting up my another track Boned, which is my first good structured track!

And I`d like to add that I found interest in tracker music (module music, mod music) Which is technically digital sheet music with it`s origins from Amiga computers. :)
It`s similar to MIDI and it was a choice of game makers in those times, because mod music
sounds better than MIDI and does not take much space!

Also I`m gonna add some more sounds, believe me I have quite a lot and I have my opinion of which are the best... So I`ll add them sometime, and won`t post about it.

Check out Boned and In The Flesh up in the Attachments of the first post...

Status
Not open for further replies.