• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

not a "valid sound file" problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I downloaded a short .wav file that plays a blaster sound. It plays in windows media player. I've uploaded many sounds before, but this one returns the error, "This does not appear to be a valid sound file." The length is set at 0. In the import manager it does take space though, so the file isn't blank. It has .wav at the end of it, and shows up in the sound editor. It just won't play

The bit rate is 56k bps if that means anything... Size is 15.9kb.

Level 10
.wav has many possible types of data to include (different sample rates and bit depths, even some small compression). The standard warcraft III sound .wavs have 22.1 kHz sample rate and are mono (I don't know the bit depth at the moment, probably 16Bit). Try to convert it this way, or maybe even make it as MP3 as wherewolf suggested. If you leave it stereo (I don't know if it is), you might not be able to use it as 3D sound though.

Status
Not open for further replies.