• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Where to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I've decided to make a Hero Arena map. So far I've made the "Hero Selection" Area(isolated from playable area) And added the circle of power + hero + Region for 4 heros. I've also made the "bases" in the sides of the map like all hero arenas do(or most of them). And also surrounded the map in trees.

Before working on a detailed terrain I want to make the beginning triggers to:

Have a wisp for each player in the hero selection area
And once someone chooses a hero it takes them to the middle of the map.

How do I go about doing this. Also what initialization triggers are needed in a basic hero arena?

Expect mroe questions to come XD thanks in advance ^^

For the hero thing...

A unit enters region (that region is the beacon infront of hero you want)

Unittype(or something like that forgot name) = wisp (so it only reacts if its a wisp and not a hero who has blinked inside the area)

Create one Hero in center of region (that region you make in the center of the arena)

remove triggering unit from game (thats the wisp so you cant go around and rechoose)

Turn off this trigger(so only 1 player can get that hero)

thats how I would do it, not sure if its correct :p

Level 4
advice: go and download a few arena maps ....and look at the basic triggers...try to learn something...and ask for harder ones...this is a very basic trigger :p

Status
Not open for further replies.