• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

trigger help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
how can i make a trigger that will allow me to select a hero when a unit enters a circle of power? ( like in a hero arena) but I only want one of that type of hero in the game at a time. (like only one one pitlord, only one paladin, etc.)

can anybody help me? do i have to create a region over the circle of power?

i know that i would have to remove the region after the trigger activates, but i do not know what trigger to activate, i know how to remove the region, but i do not know which trigger to use as the event. 'Unit enters Region'?

Please help,

Dragonfox

Level 6
Finally someone I can help :)

Create a region on your circle of power. Name it HeroSelect.

Code:
Event - 
  A Unit enters HeroSelect<gen>

Conditions - *your conditions, let's say:* 
  Unit-type of entering unit equals to Hero Selector

Actions - 
  Unit - Create a unit of type TheHero in [the region where it should spawn] facing building angle by default
  Trigger - Turn off this trigger

The "turn off this trigger" will make only one hero of this type to be selected.[/quote][/code]

Status
Not open for further replies.