• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Risk type trigger help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I have been working on a Risk type game for a while now, and have everything solved execpt for one trigger problem. I have looked at every single risk map that is not protected to see if they do anything differntly then I came up with to try and solve this problem but I cant find a solution

The problem is when I try to allow people to Go onto a Circle Of Power and transfer the ownership of both the circle of power and the barracks to triggering units player. I set this up by making a region under the circle of power, condition looks to see if somebody enters the region. If they do, and it finds that it is the only unit from any type in region it transfers control to that player.... however it never works! I then tried a few other ways with minor changes (unit goes over COP, unit is withen X distance of barracks)

This is exactly how the trigger looks
Code:
haradwaith
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters haradwaith <gen>
    Conditions
        ((Units in haradwaith <gen> owned by (Owner of Barracks 0094 <gen>)) is empty) Equal to True
    Actions
        Unit - Change ownership of Barracks 0094 <gen> to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) and Change color
        Unit - Change ownership of Circle of Power (large) 0045 <gen> to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) and Change color

If anybody can find the error and help me out i would be thankfull.

Level 1
I have spent 3 more hours tweaking things again and again and still have no solution. I have tried not setting COP's to owner (in case it was taken as a unit), i have tried to make the region smaller so that there is no way it touches the barracks, i have set regions in the middle of nowhere to try and trigger it! Still no use, if anybody out there is a trigger expert or has had something simmilar or has any ideas please do help. Ask any questions you need i will explain whatever

Level 1
mmm, it works now so i guess no need for help. Problem was unknown... i fell asleep and woke back up only to see it working and my friend playing it. Ive tested the map a few times before on battlenet uswest (middle earth risk is name, as of tonight im going to release version 0.4.00) I will probably add it to this site when i get a better version completed

No wonder nobody helped heh, just some strange glitch i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.