• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

where have all the good people gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
It's not that you don't have any talent, it;s that you don't have the same extraordinary talent as someone like General Frank, who came on the scene and made amazing things, etc. The legends are gone, and I don't think any more are coming.

lol just playing around. Although, I don't see any other new ships on the Hive. ;) Anyway, I wasn't actually that serious.

Level 15
I don't know where I heard this from, but I hear that moderators are allowed to ban people at will. This is called "being trusted enough to be given authority". If the administrator trusts him and he bans someone and the administrator doesn't revoke his power, then he must be doing something right.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
I remember the old days (2008) when this site was full of cool and talented people. I'ts an shame several didn't are here anymore. I remember of an guy named Olofmoleman, An amazing modeler and skinner. He vanished in the air last year. I'm not talking that everyone nice are gone. We're still have good people, like DvO and MasterHaosis (He's an example of good person). But the Hive is now just an shadow of his former glory.

Level 17
Dammit! Is this thread still going?

People come and go. They create things, make friends, hang out, and then move on with their lives. Perhaps some did leave because of users or rules on the hive. But that is their own problems and that is also the past.

Stop concentrating on the past and look forward to the future. What do you think people did before all the talented ones show up? Obviously not everyone will get along and it is irrational to think or hope otherwise.

New, talented people will come, why not enjoy the ones we have now instead of having all these drama fights for the most idiotic reasons.

N.O

N.O

Level 6
I hope I am not being rude or mean, (stepping on anyone's turf) I just want to say what i am aware of and help cool down the hive because many good memebers have indeed been banned it seems and the public are never aware of it until one day. (Some Noob: Hey where did that cool guy go? He always pops in, *looks in the profile* oh he got banned.)

So here goes what I feel like saying,
I think the people that are in control need to calm down (cool there jets) and need to think before harsh reactions because if this keeps happening many people might be sad as well it'll be bad for the hive seeing good people be banned instead of bad people is one of the worse things that could happen on the computer that is. So, I don't know how some people react but I do think that they only act that way because they get blamed harsh by some power abuser (a person in the poistion of power) and then the blamed person decides to argue what is right and wrong, then all of a sudden bam ip banned from there favourite site ever and no chance of redemption. So, I seriously think some people have issue's with there power they have been given and use it harshly or abuse it. I also think the community are a little rough with the people that either got blamed for the wrong reasons or are too harsh like comments/suggestions in the resource sections as a example.
One Last Note: People need to learn to think before reaction (start).
P.S: Don't ban me please, I was only saying what I hope was free say otherwise I apolgize for this inconvience paragraph about the people in control.

Level 3
Wow.. This thread reeks of nostalgia, nepotism and narcissism.

Honestly, it's 7 pages full of it. It's fine though. A community won't survive without a bit of each - I know that to be true.

My stand in this case being: People come 'n go. Nothing that can be done. Happens in our daily lives as well. For example, how many of you are still hanging out with the same crowd you did 10 years ago? It's the same in this case, just sped a hell lot more up.

<3 nostalgia.

N.O

N.O

Level 6
People may come and go but some people don't do that because of what I explained in my last paragraph, and in our daily lives friends/people don't just blame you for no reason (unless its a joke).

Level 5
Find me three popular sites that are true democracies.

A trick request.

For one, there aren't many popular countries with "true democracies" because all the popular so called "democratic" countries are acually republics, all the "true democracies" are those little countries in south america and whatnot that dont do much, and are not very well known.

Second, internet society is very different from true society, and as such the rules of real life government are unapplicable here.

Instead, a "Laissez faire" style web society is most effective, not an arbitrary electoral government, such a type of upholdment is found in networking sites like myspace, and general talk forumns. In a Laissez faire style government, the authorities are there, making laws that are reasonable and that the public can settle and agree upon, only stepping in when it is necessary.

I'm not calling for an anarchy, I'm saying the moderation here is a bit intrusive and interloping, and a bit hardheaded when it comes to public suggestions. Don't go into the mod threads and talk about stuff, talk to the respected members of these forumns.

Instead, a "Laissez faire" style web society is most effective, not an arbitrary electoral government, such a type of upholdment is found in networking sites like myspace, and general talk forumns. In a Laissez faire style government, the authorities are there, making laws that are reasonable and that the public can settle and agree upon, only stepping in when it is necessary.

Even in such a situation, someone has to maintain the server. So they are the dictator, in a way, since they can edit files on the server or just turn the whole thing off.

Status
Not open for further replies.