• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Where did all the people go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
I imagine most people who stuck with Reforged or used 1.32 were hoping for some meaningful updates and Blizzard somehow turning the game around, but what they got instead was more than half a year of bug fixes and minor tweaks.

And with the first actually significant update being announced to come "in a few months", I wouldn't be surprised if many of them gave up and quit.

Level 8
I imagine most people who stuck with Reforged or used 1.32 were hoping for some meaningful updates and Blizzard somehow turning the game around, but what they got instead was more than half a year of bug fixes and minor tweaks.

And with the first actually significant update being announced to come "in a few months", I wouldn't be surprised if many of them gave up and quit.
Man... That's just utterly depressing. I'm a total (and slightly autistic) noob who spent 2 years working on a ultra-ambitious project, while struggling to achieve complex results with just GUI and bits of custom scripts, barely started learning about LUA etc. Then Reforged pops up in January. I was tempted to quit, but decided to man up & finish my stuff. Now after another 1/2 year (even more), when I've finally barely made a somewhat playable game, it turns out, the game's dying anyway =(
Sheesh...
Well, I guess my 6th sense was telling me something, when I titled the project "Feral Despair".
Joke's on me.
P.S.
Master,
Where's your Blaster? ;)

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Man... That's just utterly depressing.
palap.png

Level 23
General channel population is not an accurate figure of how many people are on, since Bnet still scatters people around different channels when they log in.

WC3Maps

This site shows live number of lobbies up (games that have not started yet). European night time still is the most active time for Wc3, since the majority of players are based there.

Level 23
W3Champions

"Players per day" stats for the main private ladder program (still uses Bnet, just limits matching to other people with same program).

Given how the vast majority on Bnet do not use it, the numbers on this private system can give us an estimate that the numbers on bnet must be quite considerable.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Given how the vast majority on Bnet do not use it, the numbers on this private system can give us an estimate that the numbers on bnet must be quite considerable.
Thanks.
Around 2000 players per day in melee. That's more than in Custom Games (60 games x4 players for an estimate; even with 10 it'd still be less than half the melee ones).

Status
Not open for further replies.