• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

When Zerg getting 12/10 tactic with cancelling extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Is there any zerg players which builds drones until they get 10/10, and then builds 2 extractors, build 2 more workers then cancels the both extractors and suddenly you have over your overlord limit with 2 more workers than allowed and only a loss of about 25 crystals by cancelling the extractors. I'm the only one abusing this feature or are there others. However it's pretty useless to build spawning pool first, as it's normal to get overlord to get enough pop to build zerglings and thus not so applicable anymore at the point you get overlord.

Advantages:
You get faster income before spawning your first overlord/spawning pool.
You can expand base more quickly while doing zerg rush cuz of 2 additional workers mining before getting more pop while you massing zerglings

Disatvantages:
Takes a bit longer time to go 6 pool if you go this tactic first
Minor loss of faking building extractors
Weaker against rushes

Level 22
I haven't tested it but it won't remain for long if an exploit. A little plus for you zergs, after 'terran/toss is too imba for zerg'. Reminds me of the Terran Command Center next to minerals, hydras morph into Mutas from SC1 or war3's faster gold if you make buildings on the sides of the mine.

Level 11
Ive used it but im not sure if it gives that significant of the advantage. It depends on how fast you can micro I guess. I used to do it in practice league but now im team matches I just watch/communicate with my allies. I might do it for just 1 extractor.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Its better to get 9 then overlord cause it means you can keep pumping straight to 12 and beyond (if you think it is safe to do so) without delays. The stratergy described means that the player must wait for 100 minerals and then construct an overlord which would waste time waiting for it to morph. By the time the player finishes it, it is likly that the normal zerg would already be on 12.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
The times I always build an overlord before spawning pool, I usually more often lose those games, cuz accidentally scouts discovered that I had 2 overlords and pushed towards me as they instantly knows a zerg who don't go spawning pool first cuz of it's relative long build time is easy to overrun. I'm notorius slow.

Ultra fast SC2 players all knows this weakness and it's known to all, unless you are a noob.

Even I got rushed by 6pool once before I got mine 6pool finished (yeah, I got surprised myself and shocked the first time as I though i was the first to strike but lost then as losing to many workers). With 10/10 you have 3 larvas for a while and some inefficient waiting which is my standard tactic usually to build spawning pool, but not the fastest. I'm not sure the fastest way to get spawning pool, with 9/10 or 8/10 while constantly building.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
In that case attempt to abouse that by sending in an overlord while you do have an army. There is nothing better than watching people guess wrong.
That helps sometimes but it's very slow and you must then send it in a hiding direction with intention. I tend to send it near a random mineral field at start and they tend to spot it too.

A player doing this tactic get the spawning pool about 1 min about and it's extremely fatal when the enemy decide to rush you.

Level 9
When I do this, I first go for Spawning Pool, and while spawning pool s being done, I make an Overlord. I thing I used to make a Drone after Overlord, but now I don't, cuz I want to have 150 minerals and 3 larvae to pump out 6 Zerglings and a Queen when SP is over.

But I'll google a bit on that 9 Overlord being best, if pros say so, it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.