• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] When Unit Becomes Flying, Crash Ensues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hi guys,

I have been recently trying to make use of a model's flying alternate animations, and so made a spell using the stonecrow form, with the stonecrowform (special unit) being used as the base of the alternate unit and then i just replaced the model with the same model as the normal unit. just with "alternate" in the requires animation name.

Gryphon Knight

My question is, when i then test the spell in game, it crashes a second after the unit launches into the air. However, when i set the base model for my alternate unit as a ground unit, the spell works fine (it is just classified as a ground unit, and is basically touching the ground, but the alternate flying animations stilll work. So i was just wondering, in this kind of situation, should i just assume its a problem with the model in question and move on, or is there something i am missing as a novice map maker :)

Many thanks guys.

Edit1:
Hi guys, i have been trying to do the shift spell with other models who have alternate flying animations, and the same thing happens, it crashes when i use the morph spell. I just used the Deathwing model and it did the same thing, so it must be a problem that i am missing, and not a problem specific to the griffon knight model

Deathwing

Anyone have any ideas or know a map i can examine which has the spell that shifts a model to its alternate flying animation that works?

Edit2: After searching again through hive, i found what i was doing wrong. For all future people who have this same crash when trying to morph, refer to Pharaoh's test map provided on this page

Crow Form

It seems the problem was i was using the special unit of the nightelf crowform as the base of my alternate unit, when in reality i should have used a normal unit (for me i now use the same base model for both, and make sure both are units or both are heroes, without mixing them).

Problem solved!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.