• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gryphon Knight

Gryphon Knight
Description
A Mighty Mounted Gryphon Knight
A Well Trained Heavy Knight
Note
Use Alternate Tag for Flying Version
You can get a Unmounted Gryphon Here

29/10/14: Uploaded
29/10/14: Tweaked the Colour
16/11/14: Changed the Face, Added something to hold the shield
22/11/14: Tweaked based on Misha's Comment
24/11/14: Tweaked based on Misha's Comment
21/5/15 : Added Portrait talk, almost forgot this shit XD Realize after "poked" by Deolrin
20/6/15 : Added Dissipate animation and Tweak some stuff plus Give the Wings some Life
11/10/16: Fixed the HP Bar for being very high

Keywords:
Cavalry,Knight, Mounted, Spear, gryphon, eagle, beast, creep, lion, animal, myth, griffin, Warcraft, LotR, Fiction, Flyer, Unmounted, Mount, Gryphon R
Contents

Gryphon Knight (Model)

Reviews
17:00, 16th Nov 2014 Misha: mhm.. fix the slight jerkiness and clipping of the gryphon helm, on the grounded stand anim (and wrap the top of it a bit better) fix the knight's face/hair/something-geosets on the decay bone anim, try to make wings not...
Mr. Bean riding a gryphon.

This is incredible, but the wings are a bit too stiff, add some soft movement to them. They don't need to be flapping around like mad, but right now they're just sticking off the sides of the gryphon like boards of wood during the two most important & common animations, stand and attack, which is the only thing stopping me from giving this a 5/5. Also, you may want to consider adding a second attack animation. Multiple attack animations aren't for abilities, they're for adding variation so your guy isn't making the exact same movement every time; nobody strikes the exact same way every time. Even if they use the same strike, it won't perfectly be the exact same angle, speed, distance, to the millimeter.

4/5 for now.

The wings still look too stiff in its on-foot animations! They need to open outward & close a bit. It doesn't have to be all the way, but even just a few degrees would make it much more lifelike.

Well... I didnt tweak that at all yet, actually, The Bone And the way I animate the Flying wing makes me unable to change the Wing (Unless I reanimate the wing)

I will make Edit that Later XD Almost forgot to give his wing some life

the problematic is: thats not functioning :p

I tested it and Is Working fine, perhaps you did the wrong way for it?

Very nice model but can you fix the ingame health bar issue? It looks way above his head.

Thank you for telling me, I have fixed it :)

how i can do a alternate tag on gryphon?

One Way of it is doing it in Object Editor, Add the Text Alternate to the Highlighted place in the screenshot and it should work.
Add Tag.PNG

If you want to make it Swap between alternate and normal mode, you can try and use crow form as base spell :)

If you want to use Trigger to add it, you can use this
TriggerAddTag.PNG

Hope that helps

Sorry for the late reply, I'm on my mac and couldn't do any warcraft modding stuff :/

Level 8
The team color and the filesize is enough.
The modeling and the animations are perfect.
And finally, the use of in-game textures is awesome!
Take your five stars good man!

Level 17
the model looks nice but the point that it only has 1 attack animation and no spell animation is a thumbs down for me.
it should have preferebly 3 attack animations
you already made one well in my opinion it should have 2 more
one of which you have to come up with yourself
and the other one should be a bandit spearman attack animation (throwing )
and a stomp animation.
and one channeling.
and the reason that i included it should have a throw animation is that its a really good idea for him to have the option to attack enemy units from the air to the ground,
and with only attack one it would look like his thrusting his spear in thin air and magicaly someone on the ground takes damage.

3/5 for me.
and i review this based on what i saw in the (view model in 3D)
so if it did updated then by all means i deserve a slap in the face.