• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What's your religion ? Proof :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agnosticism is the position that you don't know and have no opinion in either direction, Athiesm is the assertion that god probably doesn't exist, note the slight difference, if anything would be the defining factor: is that Agnostics tend to not care about the religious debate, Atheists tend to do so. A more extreme version of a "proper"* Athiest, is somebody who believes that God(s) almost certainly, don't exist

*Follows the basis of Athiesm

Edit: though regardless, I hope you don't intend on just skipping over that nice bit of wall I typed for you there.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

fixed, while some atheists are stout believers that there is no god, saying that's the definition of an Atheist conceptually, is a misnomer - the foundation of Athiesm is based on the fact that we cannot assert what we cannot prove, therefore to make the assertion that a God doesn't exist, is to deny that foundation[/Hidden]

I guess you're mixing atheists with the other thing I can't remember. Atheists believe that there's not religions. That's a belief, meaning they're not passive about religions and stuff.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
(...)
If religion teaches us how to be human, and humans are bad, then religion must be bad.
(...)
Then religion teaches us how to be bad*. Overcaring, absent or generally failed parents could be hurt by your conclusion. Although...

Note that there have been incredibly long discussions in these forums and they didn't reach far.
The main results:
*Atheist/Theist people tend to give their own beliefs special treatment and ignore the fallacies, while using a reversed attitude towards other people's beliefs.
*Atheists and Theists are pretty much the same kind of people(both claim what they can't know)
*One side always states "You can't prove it, so it's wrong", while the other says "You can't prove it's wrong, so it's right".
*Such discussions do very little to "prove" anything, except that people are stubborn(this goes for both sides)
*People take such discussions too personally and get insulted

My suggestion? Let this thread die before it goes like every other one has gone.
The selected forum has been restricted from using reputation

With no period.

Level 22
Then religion teaches us how to be bad*. Overcaring, absent or generally failed parents could be hurt by your conclusion.
It wasn't a conclusion, I was pointing out to someone how his statement nullified his point.

Stout Atheist, though I do not agree with the perception that a stereotypical athiest states that God does not exist (subtext "for definite"), rather make the assertion that from what we can tell, it's unlikely that there a God (or Gods), a better phrase would be "God probably doesn't exist" to describe an Atheist standpoint.

My justification of my position: Most Modern religions originated in a Barbaric land, their God(s) are Barbaric, I'm not a Barbarian, the religions don't suit my view or understanding of the world. (One could also make a note about how credible Barbarian people who were barely educated are, depending on which religious text you follow) Note that this doesn't apply for all religions or even all Modern religions

Regardless since the question is more or less unanswerable - I'm not one to care about it, does he/she or they exist? who knows? but it changes little. I think the better thing to focus on is the works of the Entity and the agents of religions, i.e. If the God or Gods exist, are they even entities you -want- to worship? In my own personal case, no, definitely not. Given their "free choice" to ignore world problems, or even cause them, I have absolutely no interest in worshipping all powerful entities who quite happily let them happen. Whatever scripture or hockus pockus you want to dab on the issue as to why they might not, doesn't justify their actions to me - and I won't worship an entity out of fear for it as I find that weak.

Edit:

Disagree

fixed, while some atheists are stout believers that there is no god, saying that's the definition of an Atheist conceptually, is a misnomer - the foundation of Athiesm is based on the fact that we cannot assert what we cannot prove, therefore to make the assertion that a God doesn't exist, is to deny that foundation

Edit 2:

Archaeological evidence may exist of the people who lived, but that doesn't mean what they taught morally or spiritually, is true.

I think you skipped out a BIG section of your bible reading, let me quote myself from a previous religious thread on this matter:

The first 5 books in the bible are more brutal because the ancient humans are naturally violent and pagan , That's why God give them punishment if they disobey Him . . . . But in new testament , The existence of Jesus , Jesus renew all the law of the old testament (but some Christians still used some verses) . Jesus teach the new religion because the Jews are make themselves bad ! Although Most of Christians today used the new testament for teaching religious stuff, and Jesus doesn't teach any violence, He crucified by Romans (Including Jew Priest and other many Jews) . In medieval period , The reformation of some Christians began , The crusades, and many violent act do by some Christians . But today some Christians(Catholic and Protestant) are still war each other because of the difference of the doctrine . BTW, the religion is not bad, But the human are the bad ones . They disobey the teachings .
And also some people here said that religion teach the human to be bad , I think that they not understood the teachings . They prove that religions are really bad , But they are not at all .

Status
Not open for further replies.