• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] What's wrong with this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi guys, I tried to do a simple trigger to: When a unit casts a ability the minimap will flash for enemies where the unit casted the ability, I'll post the trigger....

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Atirar
  • Events
    • If (All conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
        • (Current research level of abilidade for Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 1
      • Then - Actions
        • Do Nothing
      • Else - Actions
        • Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All alies of Player 6 (Orange)) at (Target points of the ability being cast) for 1.00 seconds, using Simple ping of color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%)
So, the problem is, when the target cast and he don't have the upgrade "Abilidade" (The ability, when upgraded will not ping the minimap anymore) he reveals himself for him team (Players 1-5) not for the another team (Players 6-10). I wanna know why this trigger is not revealing the another Team (6-10) ? What's wrong with this ?

Level 37
The trigger will ping the map when a player that is not P1 will cast the ability, and level of research for P1 is not 1.

If P6 casts it and P1 has the research at level 0, nothing will happen.

I think you are after this:
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • (Current research level of *tech* for (Triggering player)) Equal to 0
    • Then - Actions
      • Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All enemies of (Triggering player)) at (Target point of abil cast) for 1.00 seconds
    • Else - Actions
*Remove the do nothing
*You leak target point of ability cast (location /point) and All allies of Player 6 (player group / force) -> http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/things-leak-35124/

Level 4
The trigger will ping the map when a player that is not P1 will cast the ability, and level of research for P1 is not 1.

If P6 casts it and P1 has the research at level 0, nothing will happen.

I think you are after this:
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • (Current research level of *tech* for (Triggering player)) Equal to 0
    • Then - Actions
      • Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All enemies of (Triggering player)) at (Target point of abil cast) for 1.00 seconds
    • Else - Actions
*Remove the do nothing
*You leak target point of ability cast (location /point) and All allies of Player 6 (player group / force) -> http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/things-leak-35124/

It makes sence, I'll test it now !

Last edited:
Level 4
Nice, It worked.... +REP

And I've another question, this new trigger what you gave here, does it have any leak ? or It's 100% ?

Status
Not open for further replies.