• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Minimap Ping Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm trying to use a spell for my hero(es) that always them to see all enemies via a ping where they are.

here is my trigger for the spell: (btw Flare & Ping is the spell name)

• Events
    • - A Unit casts an ability
  • Conditions
    • - (Abilities being cast) equal to Flare & Ping
  • Actions
    • - Set tempgroup = (Units in (Playable Map Area))
    • -Unit Group - Pick every unit in tempgroup and do (actions)
      • Loop Actions
and that is where i froze what can i do to make a ping for players in temp group... i got this trigger from a different post( edit: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/how-to-make-ping-on-minimap-135104/ )

i figured out everything untill the If / Then / Else. its just i cannot find "if all conditions are true" "then actions" and "else actions" found in the If/Then/Else action after loop...

Level 10
Ok. New Action.

1st item on the list: "Do nothing"
9th item on the list: "If/Then/Else - Multiple Functions"

This is just like trigger conditions, except this one checks it within the trigger. Just right-click on Conditions (on your new action), click "New condition" and select your condition. Right-click again and do it over to add more conditions. The same goes for the Then and Else actions, except you must respectively right-click Then and Else and then click "New action" to add actions to these.

Though, pinging every enemy on the map might LAAAAG JUST 1 little bit.

Level 37
  • Untitled Trigger 011
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Flame Strike
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Add (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to Temp_Player_Group
      • Set Temp_Group = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Temp_Loc_1 = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Cinematic - Ping minimap for Temp_Player_Group at Temp_Loc_1 for 3.00 seconds
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Loc_1)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Temp_Group)
      • Player Group - Remove (Owner of (Triggering unit)) from Temp_Player_Group
How about this? Works OK for me.

Level 2
umm 1 question (to maker)

how did u get the "units in" part of this action: (i ll star it)

Set Temp_Group = (*Units in* (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))

cause i got:

Set Temp_Group = (All players matching (((Triggering Unit) is a Hero) Equal to True))

i kno that wont work but i cant find the unit thing in triggers, sry

Level 2
would this work instead:?

Set temp_player_group = (All enemies of (Owner of (Casting unit)))

instead of:

Set Temp_Group = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))

Status
Not open for further replies.