• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make ping on minimap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello guys..

How to make a trigger, when i type -TP ingame, so it make the " minimap signal " on all allied on map?

- thanks

Level 16
Try this trigger:
  • Ping
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -TP as An exact match
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -TP as An exact match
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -TP as An exact match
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -TP as An exact match
      • -------- And so on... --------
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempGroup = (Units in (Playable map area))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Triggering player) is an ally of (Owner of (Picked unit))) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
              • Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at TempPoint for 2.00 seconds
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
            • Else - Actions

Level 20
Sry your english is so confusing for me...

Just use Child_0f_Bodom's trigger. What part you dont understand? It simply picks all unit sin a playable map and if the picked unit is an ally of triggering (chatting) player then it creates a signal for the triggering player.

Level 5
Btw, i don't understand this part of it -

Set TempGroup = (Units in (Playable map area))
Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
((Triggering player) is an ally of (Owner of (Picked unit))) Equal to True
Then - Actions
Set TempPoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at TempPoint for 2.00 seconds
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
Else - Actions

Level 20
Set TempGroup = (Units in (Playable map area))
Stores all units in a playable map area to variable so it can be destryed later. In the World Editor there are some things that need to be destroyed later or they cause memory leaks that can create lag on longer use.

Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions

Picks all units in the unit group called TempGroup and does the following actions for every picked unit.

If IF conditions are true, then the trigger runs THEN actions. If IF conditions are false then the trigger runs ELSE actions.

If - Conditions
((Triggering player) is an ally of (Owner of (Picked unit))) Equal to True

There you can place your IF conditions. If IF conditions are true, then the trigger runs THEN actions. In this case it means that if the owner of the picked unit is an ally of triggering unit, it runs THEN actions for the picked unit.

Then - Actions
Set TempPoint = (Position of (Picked unit))

THEN actions happen when IF conditions are true. Now we are storing the position of the picked unit to the variable TempPoint, so that it can be destroyed later or else it will cause memory leaks and lag afterwards.

Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at TempPoint for 2.00 seconds
Pings the position of the TempPoint (picked unit) to all players for 2.00 seconds.

Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
Now we are destroying the TempPoint (leak variable) so that it wont cause any problems later.

Else - Actions
There are no else actions. That means that nothing will happen if the IF conditions are false.

Theres still one thing missing. Put "custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)" at the end of the trigger so we can remove the unit group that we just used, so it wont create any memory leaks.

I tried my best. :<

Level 5
Cheers super-sheep...
Well, when i said i didn't understand it, i mean, i can't find the trigger in the trigger menu ....

Level 7
That would be setting a variable.

-Edit-
Super-Sheep's faster...

Anyway, create a variable named TempGroup and then use that trigger to assign a value to it.
btw, same thing for TempPoint...

Level 8
Learn some triggering! Dont even TRY to make a map if you dont know about variables, were just gonna be making the map for you. Look at tutorials PLEASE!

Level 5
FriXionX would you please??? Another guy on other page just told me the same... I'm not stupid, i understand it the first time aye?

Level 13
I know sheep, but nothing comes up, when i search for Set TempGroup?

you must edit variable

its a darker yellow X icon up
>add variable>type your variable name>use variable type - Unit Group

>lets say your variable name is DUMMY_UNIT_GROUP<

than click action button and click S
>you will get this<

set Variable = Value

than do

set DUMMY_UNIT_GROUP = (group that you want)

Last edited:
Level 2
this may be a VERY old post but i was trying to do the same thing and couldn't find the:

(but the temp group u need to create a variable(steps:)

create action search for "set" use "set variable"

click the red variable text, click edit variables, click the green new varible button top mid.

variable name should be "tempgroup" (if ur doing what he said) and variable type should be unit group.

hope i helped!

Level 2
oops sry i forgot the value:

click value, click units in region.

then playable map area, keep it. (playable map area should be default MAKE SURE IT IS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.