• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What's so bad with wow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
^Is wrong. I've played WoW for 4 years. (Stopped since it got boring.)
Support does help. Just takes them a while, other people do help(Fun trick, ASK NICELY =D). Slow leveling, your wrong man. WoW is piss easy leveling especially when they introduced increased regeneration from level 1-15 just to make it even easier :O
I agree with the ruined lore on some parts though. And the flying is just annoying honestly. Nothing more fun than camping peoples flight masters :( Or taking them hostages.

Level 20
For me leveling a new alt is like playing again GTA SA for example or any other game from beginning to end... Its not even close to boring compared to any other RPGs. Its not that you just right click an enemy and let the dices roll. Or do you really think that Wow just made its way to ESL, MYM, SK, Razor and other various tournaments by an accident? But it can take 10 to 30 days depending to player and after you hit 80 its just free roaming and doing stuff.

And about this "takes your life away"... No seriously. I can say that I have been nolife since I played Wc3/Dota and Team Fortress 2 and moving to Wow didnt really make any difference.

All of those things are not fun. The combat system destroys the game. Your essentially a node with stats throwing stats at stats based on stats. There isn't really player skill involved. Yes, you could argue that spells require skill, but your just working math problems. I want to kill a creature because I'm awesome. Not because I'm a nerdy math guru. The game boils down to variants of the same issue over and over. This would be fine if the issue was fun to deal with in the first place.

Plus, these "quests" are just the same thing over and over. "kill this many of this" "gather this much of this" "find this" "beat this". The gameplay doesn't allow for anything more creative.

In the words of the 'Infinity Quest for Earth' developer: Making the gameplay fun for everyone is the perfect way to make the gameplay fun for no one.

Obviously. But, that doesn't mean we should just disregard graphics completely as if it is some kind of terrible thing. I like the environment I'm in to reflect the quality of a game.

No thats not what I mean. lol. You guys both read me wrong. I don't mean the people have no social ability, I mean the game has none. Which is sad because its built around this.

Again, not what I mean at all. What I mean is, paying for a game over periods of time is stupid. If I want a game, I buy it. Not over and over. I expect my games to last me about 5 years of play. I'm not going to pay $900 for a game that sucks balls to begin with. I expect the $50 I pay to last about 5 years.

I have. It sucks balls.
Bet you're lying.

Unlike other servers, Wow needs a monthly subscription to get enough money to support the servers, fund other projects, and pay its workers.

Unlike other MMORPGs, WoW needs intellect, time to learn how to play your class for the best output.

It also has a gigantic world, a great amount of players, lots of servers, loads of lore, tons of characters, more than 100k items, a nice interface, the ability to support addons, Dungeons, Battlegrounds, PvP, and lots more.

Level 20
If wow is all about nerd math and doesnt take any skill then how there are players that always seem to be better than any other?

Hydra, Gameking, Noone, Fluid, Gforce for example.

And how to come they are almost always asian/korean. Just like in warcraft 3. Both games require skill. If you argue you just dont know everything. But ofcourse with the current 4.0.1 patch everything is pretty messed up.

If wow is all about nerd math and doesnt take any skill then how there are players that always seem to be better than any other?

Hydra, Gameking, Noone, Fluid, Gforce for example.

And how to come they are almost always asian/korean. Just like in warcraft 3. Both games require skill. If you argue you just dont know everything. But ofcourse with the current 4.0.1 patch everything is pretty messed up.

those koreans are really good at playing computer games...

Level 20
those koreans are really good at playing computer games...
= the game requires skill.

Now someone still disagrees?

Ok there are gear differences but if you really play some arena you will eventually get a bit better gear and then get higher and higher rating/rank.

All haters are saying that Wow is a boring retarded farmer rpg but thats not what wow is like its more than runescape. Wow is more like action game imo. :(

Level 7
I just read this thread and I can see that some people are not using their heads at all...
"wow is boring, you are doing the same quests all over again and fighting scripts" -.-
I can see you played wow about 10 mins and started shitting here right after that... Play some more and you will see that most of the quests are creative now, and they are getting even more creative in Cata... AND GIVE ME 1 GAME WHERE YOU DON'T FIGHT SCRIPTS XD

"Time consuming" Yeah... but you don't have to play like 10h a day... you decide how much time you will spend on the game...

"Bad graphics" it's good enough if you set it on highest quality... 90% of players can't...

"Expensive" I play on free Blizzlike server... I don't pay a thing

AND GIVE ME 1 GAME WHERE YOU DON'T FIGHT SCRIPTS XD

whoever can give you an example of that has either surpassed being a human or was just dumb that they don't know that games are made with scripts...

on these:

"Time consuming" Yeah... but you don't have to play like 10h a day... you decide how much time you will spend on the game...

->well I were talking of the original WoW by Blizzard and not some private server thingy... if you play on a Priv, then you cannot possibly understand those who say that WoW is expensive and that they dont have enough time to play so its a waste of money (since if you pay to play then you would possibly at least try to maximize your play time)...

Level 7
whoever can give you an example of that has either surpassed being a human or was just dumb that they don't know that games are made with scripts...

on these:

->well I were talking of the original WoW by Blizzard and not some private server thingy... if you play on a Priv, then you cannot possibly understand those who say that WoW is expensive and that they dont have enough time to play so its a waste of money (since if you pay to play then you would possibly at least try to maximize your play time)...

Well, I just saw someone on this thread who said that "You fight against a script. It does the same stuff at certain time or HP. Just need to timer everything. But you know what´s comming. Boring after some time yeah."

And I played on retail (original WoW by Blizzard) for 2 years. Then I quit... so I understand them...

still rocks

Well, I just saw someone on this thread who said that "You fight against a script. It does the same stuff at certain time or HP. Just need to timer everything. But you know what´s comming. Boring after some time yeah."

then that person doesn't know a thing about scripts... just let him be...

Level 22
Seriously, this is not a troll thread. I want your opinions on about why WoW is bad. I love the game myself, and i am sick of people that have never played it before say "Wow sucks!".

What I think is wrong with WoW is wrong with all MMORPG's. The hours of grinding, no real story progress, and repetitive gameplay. I can see how people would find games like this addicting though (the leveling, item drops, etc).

Level 15
I love WoW and think it's a great game. I DON'T play WoW for the following reasons:

1. played it for 3 years, did everything, got boring
2. unbelievably time-consuming. I was the main tank of the fastest progressing raiding guild on my server and I was raiding on thursdays, fridays, and saturdays and grinding for rep/gold on atleast two other days. Plus it's hard b/c I was the main tank and I couldn't not show up to raids so if anything came up in RL I had to put it off which can be really trying
3. Blizzard became a bunch of money-sucking greedy bastards. I mean come on if I wanted to start playing again I have to buy a $20 game, $20 expansion, $40 expansion, and now cataclysm is coming out which will be another $50, plus I have to pay for the first $15 month to start playing, so that's $145 just to start playing.
4. End-game is unfriendly for newbies and extremely gear-dependant. When you hit 80 you'r basically shit. No one wants to raid with you cuz you'r gear is crap, you can't get better gear b/c no one wants to raid with you. You can't do well in arena because you don't have good arena gear, you can't get good arena gear b/c you can't do well in arena. Basically you'r best bet is to start playing a few months b4 an expansion and that way when the expansion comes and you reach max level everybody will have shit gear just like you.

Level 5
What I think is wrong with WoW is wrong with all MMORPG's. The hours of grinding, no real story progress, and repetitive gameplay.

Exactly why I haven't played WoW since WAR came out, because, with Warhammer Online, you can automaticly get into some fun PvP combat almost whenever you want. :p

Level 17
I played it up to level 78 with a Orc Warlock and it just got.. boring.
Here are the things I don't like about it
- Pay to play
- Way too many quests
- Broken PvP system (which is why I play games to beat other people)
- Too many expansions
- Lack of "creativity"
- Kinda ruined the way Warcraft could have gone, despite being a great MMORPG it would have been better to stick with RTS.

It's like all they want to do is make it a PvM game and sucking your money.
Not fun for me.

Level 6
What is wrong with WoW? It costs hard earned,valuable money that i could be wasting on other things such as fuel for driving lol

Level 20
Actually, coming frome me this may sound stuipd as fuck, but yes, it is a hard earned 15 dollars that could be spent on somthing other than a time sinker, like a car, education, friends, family. shit. mother fucking toilets for gods sake. think about the toilets.
Why people always start comparing Wow something else than games because it got monthly fee.

Are you saying that you are a person who spends his money to only necessary things like food and healthy? You would waste that 15 dollars per month to something-else-that-isnt-wow-but-is-useless anyway. Like smoking, driving for run, candies, fast foods, drinks, bars. And they most likely cost more than 15 dollars per month so @_@

No, i am the kid who spent 2000 dollars on the hive.

I agree with bob, its a waste of 900 is subscription money alone, tack on expansions thats... 1045 dollars to play that game for 5 years. And if i played wow as long as i did wc3... 1,585 dollars is what i would be down. for a game that while expansive, doesent utilize its content in an intresting manner.

I've played a good part of a 14 day trial trying to see what people were up to ages ago, and it was god boring as hell.

Level 3
I play retail wow seems fine for me got a 72 death knight undead
but i prefer games like War3

I've played a good part of a 14 day trial trying to see what people were up to ages ago, and it was god boring as hell.

Trial wow is pointless you can't do anything thats why it's boring but i can agree that wow gets boring after a while

Level 20
btw Blizzard pretty much raped Wow shortly after Cataclysm.

The word skill is completely dumbed into the abyss. They even made Charge and Intercept to share cooldowns and buffed Charge stun to something like 3 seconds and now Warriors can do up to 40k crits that kinda makes PvP pointless because they can instagib people in 1 Charge stun kk l2p issue much??

Level 12
I have 1 original cd of wow and 1 copy. I installed them both, I made account with it, your redirected somewhere, I install some features in some table and I can't finish the install, I meant the install of patch or that, it blocks and I can't play it. I don't know if it needs a high graphic card. I cannot access wow, even if I made a account. Im suprised there are no informations on how to make it work. I have made accounts on battlenet. I tried 26 times to install and check what is wrong with wow. I don't know why it is unaccessible. I also have 3ds max, and it does not work, I tried too to fix that, but there's no information how to fix errors.

Level 20
I have 1 original cd of wow and 1 copy. I installed them both, I made account with it, your redirected somewhere, I install some features in some table and I can't finish the install, I meant the install of patch or that, it blocks and I can't play it. I don't know if it needs a high graphic card. I cannot access wow, even if I made a account. Im suprised there are no informations on how to make it work. I have made accounts on battlenet. I tried 26 times to install and check what is wrong with wow. I don't know why it is unaccessible. I also have 3ds max, and it does not work, I tried too to fix that, but there's no information how to fix errors.
"1 cd and copy." I dont understand what you mean. And original Wow had 5 cds if I remember right. And there are no any redirects... It should be able to find new patch itself and start loading it. You should just try to remove World of Warcraft completely from your hard disk and try to download it throught Battle.net. Because you bought it you ofcourse have Battle.net account, dont you...

No... it means you probably havent paid your subscription or bought 3dsmax.

If you have, call customer support.

Trial wow is pointless you can't do anything thats why it's boring but i can agree that wow gets boring after a while

.. then whats the point of a trial? it was 14 days, and thats alot of hours each day. I tried to like it, but not only was it boring, it was repitive, and the lore felt terrible. quests were just dumbass.

I could never spend that much money on a game, especially one that lame.

Level 12
There are people who like the game don't never feel bored. Considering that you think the lore is horrible, game is boring I think that there are people who are nerds or fool, who love WoW and it's never boring to them. There are such people. American products can be crap. What do you think about RuneScape? RuneScape is the most accessible, diverse, free, fun game I ever played. You don't have to pay you can chat, explore, see. While WoW is limited and capitalist.

I payed 3ds max, and have many similar programs to it.

Runescape... bashing WoW AND promoting Runescape in the same sentence. Runescape is worse, the only thing it had going for it was that it was free.

Well good for those people who like the game.

Also, if you own a legitimate copy, why haven't you emailed or called tech support. I honestly don't believe you do, because you post like you don't know what your talking about.

Level 20
Runescape free? ahhaha... That's funny.

I remember playing it one time, it's like a freaking concentration camp it's so prejudiced against those 'free' players.

"I'm sorry you can't get in this castle. Maybe if you were a member I might be inclined to 'drop the key'"

"Only members have the skill required to climb this gate"

"Only members can..."

"You need to be a member to..."

and seriously who would pay monthly for that?

WoW is too expensive for me that's why I won't play it but I'd rather pay the extra £5 a month and play WoW if I had to play one or the other. Not a doubt in my mind.

Level 20
Just wanted to tell you that I wanted to try how Wow have turned and I bought 1 month subscribtion but all I can tell is that it is fucking horrible. Atleast on the PvP side. It is so dead and people only want to leech honorable kills and afk or run away from others with mounts and arena just forces you to play fotm setups and have a gimped gear...

Oh well. Atleast I have now 4 weeks time to troll around the Wow EU forums.

Level 3
WoW isn't so bad, many awesome quests introduced in cataclysm etc.
The only reason I would ever say "WoW sucks" is because of..
1. Subscription fees
2. WotLK
Everything else about WoW is pretty good.

Level 3
well i quit wow now i made my death knight to 81 and then i got bored
this is one of the reason why i played it couse it had over 11 million subscriptions
and everyone said it was awesome

Level 12
I don't like WoW because it's a bad access to some people, there's no guide how to make a account and I have buyed 3 wows and made accounts on blizzard or something from the manual, same thing a board that never ends. I don't know about merges, I could play it free because I got a copy and since it's bad access I am not interested in WoW anymore. People who make WoW are highly educated, they know things to do and it's very hard to create a virtual world and to make it online also, they must have posessed skills and knowledge to build it. Many people who play it don't realize that it took time, effort and ideas to make it and they created a world out of tools.

Level 3
I don't like WoW because it's a bad access to some people, there's no guide how to make a account and I have buyed 3 wows and made accounts on blizzard or something from the manual, same thing a board that never ends. I don't know about merges, I could play it free because I got a copy and since it's bad access I am not interested in WoW anymore. People who make WoW are highly educated, they know things to do and it's very hard to create a virtual world and to make it online also, they must have posessed skills and knowledge to build it. Many people who play it don't realize that it took time, effort and ideas to make it and they created a world out of tools.

I do not understand this post.

Level 20
meh its not that bad after all it all just feels utterly imbalanced between 1on1 on certain classes and specs but the game feels more reasonable in arenas even thought there are way too many dispels compared to the effectiviness of the dispel protection and tunneling forces you to stack some resilience regardless of your setup. addition to the increasing amount of the dispels cc's are slighty nerfed plus every class also seems to have selfheals expect mage and hunt that doesnt feel nice at all.

its still far from the bad tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.