• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What's my new class gonna be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Im making an ORPG and so far I have made two classes: Berserker and Mage. Now I need a third class, all I know is that it's gonna be an agility class. Im all out of ideas, help me!

Level 4
Out of ideas after the second one -.-'

Anyways, the archer/ranger is a real classic, even if it's overused.

If not, then maybe some kind of battlemage (would be kinda cool IMO).

Murloc huntsman? XD

Level 7
Out of ideas after the second one -.-'

Anyways, the archer/ranger is a real classic, even if it's overused.

If not, then maybe some kind of battlemage (would be kinda cool IMO).

Murloc huntsman? XD

Trying to avoid archer since there isnt many good bowmodels to use for it.
Battlemage dosnt sound very much like an agility class to me o_O

Is your map pve or pvp based? Depending on which it is, I might be able to give you some ideas.

Are there PVP ORPG's? :O

Mine is pve ofc.

Level 7
I was thinking something shaman-like. I mean, just because he uses elemental spells he doesn't have to be intelligence class.

No clue what kind of abilities I would give that class... no totems plx :eek:

Maybe a Druid as they can transform into fast creatures!

Making permanent shapeshifting is too annoying/hard and making unique abilities for lots of different forms is just too much : /

Level 2
Get something New, Find out a New Hero Class Name.
Phase,Dawren,Templar,Tempest,High Council. .. .. yeeh.. right xD
it will bee better that way, old classes just get to easy to "find out"
well // i suggest a new class. :O gl hf

Level 12
Like it's already stated - post something like this in the Idea Factory.

Swashbuckler - Agility Class

Should have some nice pirate abilities so that the players can have some comedic relief in the RPG. :p

Here's some off the top of my head:

Mug (Passive) - Has a x% chance to steal x gold per special ability hit.

Yarr (Active Buff) - .... I think you can see where this is going.

Special Port Brew (Another Active Buff / Debuff) - Drinks or tosses a mug of special port brew at the target, boosting its damage by x but giving it an x% to miss attacks.

Level 7
Bad choice. you shouldnt avoid archer. even if there arent enough models for it, you should try something creative.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/bloodelf-archer-113720/?prev=search=archer&d=list&r=20

Thats always a nice model.

Im not using custom models, Im using the villager for all my heros since then I can have the items show as models on the heros body. I ment that there are too few bows on hive, not models wearing bows.

Like it's already stated - post something like this in the Idea Factory.

Swashbuckler - Agility Class

Should have some nice pirate abilities so that the players can have some comedic relief in the RPG. :p

Here's some off the top of my head:

Mug (Passive) - Has a x% chance to steal x gold per special ability hit.

Yarr (Active Buff) - .... I think you can see where this is going.

Special Port Brew (Another Active Buff / Debuff) - Drinks or tosses a mug of special port brew at the target, boosting its damage by x but giving it an x% to miss attacks.

Sorry about this thing with posting in the wrong category : /

I like your idea tho. I want a fun non-classic class I think, not like rogue, shaman, paladin etc

But I dont think swashbuckler is a very good idea, but definetly on the right track :p

Level 16
Seas =)

I would say something like a: Sphere Hunter or a: Shadow Dancer

Sphere Hunter: So he's a faster attacking hero ( based on agility ) that use his mana for more +damage.

Shadow Dancer: Like the SH a melee hero ( based on agility ) but use the shows for more damage which means something like blink strike and fad in the shadows to get faster.

I don't know if you use any custom hero models. If you not in both cases I would take the model of a Satyr.

( I created something like that in the past ( don't have the map anymore ... ) but this two classes are totally new - you don't will find then in any RPG/ORPG )

Level 7
Bladerunner?

A hero who uses his daggers like a whirlwind and is able to attack extremly fast
e.g. low damage but high attackspeed?

Give him speed based abilities like:

- Bonus ms/as
- Evade
- Critical
- Jumping abilities

I like the idea, but what do you meen by jumping abilities?

Seas =)

I would say something like a: Sphere Hunter or a: Shadow Dancer

Sphere Hunter: So he's a faster attacking hero ( based on agility ) that use his mana for more +damage.

Shadow Dancer: Like the SH a melee hero ( based on agility ) but use the shows for more damage which means something like blink strike and fad in the shadows to get faster.

I don't know if you use any custom hero models. If you not in both cases I would take the model of a Satyr.

( I created something like that in the past ( don't have the map anymore ... ) but this two classes are totally new - you don't will find then in any RPG/ORPG )

You got to be more specific, what's a sphere hunter?
Also Shadow Dancer sounds kinda exactly like a assassin/rogue class, nothing unique there ; /

Level 10
You can do something like a scavenger. A class that has abilities like ensnare, can deal extra damage when striking from behind, and can gain extra gold when killing creeps/can pillage buildings or something. Rend would also be a good ability for this class, a melee strike that causes an enemy to bleed out, taking damage over time and slowing movement and attack speed.

Just a thought.

Level 16
Seas =)

Ok I only can tell you something about the Sphere Hunter I created.

The Plan was to create a damage dealer. Now I didn't want to create the normal classes like rogues or archers. I wanted to create a different damage hero so I created a hero that use his mana for extra damage - The Sphere Hunter

The Sphere hunter have the basic attribute agility but nearly the same amount on intelligence and a low amount of strength ( so hitpoints are lower to )

I gave him ability like: If he activate the spell, his blade gets filled with a mystic blue magic and deals bonus damage + drains mana from the target. Or that he is able to recoil - means that he can convert mana to life and/or damage - and so on.

Why I create this? Hmm I think it was a good way to create a different damage class. Always there normal classes like archer or a hero that has only 100 mana ( like in WOW ) was boring - so I guess this is a fresh damage hero =)

Level 7
Bladerunner?

A hero who uses his daggers like a whirlwind and is able to attack extremly fast
e.g. low damage but high attackspeed?

Give him speed based abilities like:

- Bonus ms/as
- Evade
- Critical
- Jumping abilities

I have decided to go for Bladerunner. I liked the name and idea for some reason ^^

Level 3
In my experience, the best way to get idea is to scroll through models over and over until you think of something really cool that that model could be. If you are going with custom skins/models and starting from scratch, always start with the basic ideas and try to manipulate them into something original. For instance, yes the archer is overused, so make it a specific archer, one that nobody has used so far. Combining elements of heros to make one is good too, so instead of looking to make a straight up agility hero, combine some attributes. str/int or agi/int or str/agi are always good to make more interesting heros. Im not gonna hand out any specific ideas though, Although I know thats what you're looking for. Honestly any attempt at a hero idea right now would just be a shot in the dark, so its pointless. But i am more than happy to share my methods :)

Status
Not open for further replies.