• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What would you think about an altered melee without nightelves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Title says it half-way.

So i decided to do my own version of warcraft3,in my version of things following the evershining example of starcraft(the broodwar,not the silly WoL) 3 races are enough diversion in potential for a stable gameplay experience.

So i decided to recycle most of Nightelves capabilities,unit's functions,spells etc. into the 3 other races. This process has turned out to be fruitful,my original plan of converting them into a Quel'Thalas race being scrapped since ive come to limits of original content present in WE. If i still attempt to convert them into Quel'Thalas their unit composition will be more or less an mix of present 3 with only the abilities on their spellcasters really varying.

So i would like to know what would be your reaction to such an harsh idea if in case i would decide to finally release my work.

After over a decade of playing the game I came to a conclusion that Undead and Night Elves are not differentiated enough from other standard races. For instance why would Night Elves even bother fighting battles themselves? Why not sit back in fortified bunkers deep in thick forests controlling armies of treants telepathically? Why would Undead have to train units at structures? There are corpses of all types readily available. Why not simply summon them as you need them?

Status
Not open for further replies.