• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What would you think of a Broken Alliances campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idea
I had an idea for a campaign that would tell the story of how the broken alliances started. There seems to be a cornucopia of untold lore in the game. I'm probably going to end up with something nothing like what king leopold perceived his game to be but I'm not trying to mangle it.

Artist's Perception
You know how when you read a book, you get an image of what the characters are, but when you see the movie, you're not seeing them mangle it, you're seeing an artist's perception. Well I'm just adding lore to a game that never had any. An artist's perception if you will.

Same Difference
Now I'm not one to make a campaign about a game, but turn out with something totally different. The spawning system is authentic and will work in much the same way Broken Alliance's does. There are cities that are the same, and the kings are all the same. It will also have the Ashenvale main terrain that BA had.

Elbow Room
In BA, it was in my opinion a very large continent with a very small representation. In other words, if there could have been more room there would have. 256x256 is huge yes, but if he wanted to use JPNG, (which he didn't for what was most likely due to his personal want to stay away from it) he would have probably made the map 480x480. So I am expanding the space to the people fighting in isolated areas very far from one another. As in, instead of the current milania being right next to the scourge, it is a week or two away.

Conclusion
I want this game to be fun and entertaining if nothing else. If you have any suggestions or anything that will add to this campaign, I can do most anything with it (I can even mod the voices units have or make the UI really amazing). I need your feedback as I am in the process of making the campaign as I type this. If there is anything I can do to make this campaign amazing I will do it just give me some suggestions.

Level 6
lol. get a pc.
is JNPG a seperate program or is it an add-on to the editor. (from the sound of things it's an add on.) and btw can you play these massive maps online. and does JNPG circumvent the doodad limit in the editor (can't exceede x doodads)

and to balance the off-topic with on topic.......

if you make this you should expand the possibilities for a siege. (a player has enough troops to defeat the others army unfortunately the other player is hiding inside his impenetrable castle so you set up a blockade around the castle to starve him of resources so you can out-produce him.)

as well there was a really cool thing i found in a game i played where merchants spawned at special resource points and headed to a building. (you're city) and then gave you resources. seeing as this would be a larger map you could add this in. it would wlso increase the strategic options.

what about setting up trade routes. you pay x gold and select a player. trade carts will then move from you're capitol to his and you will get money. if anyone kills the carts they get some revenue too.

Status
Not open for further replies.