• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've wanted to work on a map for a while now where the player has the ability to edit there armies appearence and to some extent there stats using a combination of cloning and disapearing items, but im worried that some people may not get the system.

Making a unit will vary a little based on what type your making. some examples below

Worker- you will be able to select a model the same way you do in loap. Then whenever you spawn a generic worker it will be removed and replaced by a clone of the model you chose.

heros-you will be able to pick a model like the worker. Then you will be given a certain amount of creation points(gold) to spend on diffrent stat upgrading items. then the player will be able to choose one spell book that has level locked spells. after that its put onto the field

soldiers and other types of units- mostly the same as heros except the origanal never gets put on the field and they never get a spell book. these too are cloned.

i was also thinking about putting a few other systems in but first i wanted to see what others thought of the core of the map.

since no ones responded I will explain why i think this is a good system.

I came up with it to give the player the freedom to be merciless undead or perhaps a army of sheep bent on enslaving humanity or perhaps the undead and the sheep are working together. Maybe children are rebelling against the adults or maybe you want to destroy a planet.

I want to use this to allow rpers to rp jokers to joke and fighters to fight as effeciently as possibly

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.