• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What would you like in an ORPG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
After playing all the masses of orpgs out there, me and 3 thought of an idea to make our own.

The basics:
  • Evil themed (you are the bad guys)
  • Full screen inventory system
  • Instead of dungeons, you are tele'd to a battlefield, after onslaught of troops, you fight the boss
  • 90% of everything custom skinned (shockingly, we're below 8mb limit)
  • Class-unique items
  • Every ability custom made
  • Scripted enemy unit spells

Thats the basics of the game, what do you think would make the game much more unique and attractive :)

Level 19
Hmm... How about some party system that works in a way where you select a few users you'd like to party with before the game is submitted, a select few will be 'party-matched' in each version with new names etc and if you guys happen to be in the same game, you can gain benefits.

Level 2
Rao, of course, were probably going to gen a seperate multi and single player code if it comes to that, so its their choice if they want to cheat

Miss, i didnt think of that, thats an awesome idea :D

Level 3
-A clear plot. You don't have to write the next Silmarillion, but give me enough information that I know what I should be doing and why. A lot of ORPGs just drop you into the field and leave me thinking "So....what am I doing here? What is this place? Where am I supposed to be going?" Without a plot, the game is just mindless wandering and levelling.

-An less-common tileset. No Lordaeron Summer, Village, or Cityscape, please! We have seen enough of those.

-An in-game tutorial for first-time players?

-Enemy AI that does more than just stand in one place waiting for you to show up. If there is are Orcs camped outside the city gates, they ought to try to raid the city once in a while, know what I mean? If there are wolves in the forest, have them hunt deer and rabbits.

-The ability to purchase NPC companions (mercenaries, pets, et cetera) Perhaps make them weak hero units, so that we can level them up as well.

Level 2
-We already thought of a solid plot, yeah games with, "kill X, then X then another more of X, then kill Y" get boring, we are adding a variety of quests as well as storylines with them

-of course, then again, its hard to find city tiles, as i have been on so many modelling sites and not many have cool tiles

-definitely

-were tryin to have units patrol areas, and great idea on the deer and rabbits :D

-not so sure on that one

Level 1
you should

1.It would be cool if you will make that monsters would have a chance to drop items like swords, armors and others. Or just give them to your inventroy.

2.It would be cool if you will make that wepons would be added to character when bought. My meaning is that at beging a hero would be just with lame armor and wepon. But when he bought beter items he's look would change.

3.Make that you could only equip 1wepon 1shield, armor, helm, gloves, boots. Maybe exept the hero is something like dual sworder {a warior with 2 swords }

4. Good working save and load system

Level 24
It should have:

1. Attachments
2. 8-10 classes that each are unique
3. Diffrent item types and classes
4. Save and load system
5. Being able to play solo but kis you automaticlly if you type in cheats
6. Magic, dragons, murlocs and creator that have some fantasy
7. Hard core bosses
8. Quests
9. 60-90 levels
10. Fun game content
11. PvP
12. A good background story
13. Reputations

If you succed with these 13 steps you have an RPG map that is so extremlly good that its awsomness is unquestionable.

Level 2
It should have:

1. Attachments
2. 8-10 classes that each are unique
3. Diffrent item types and classes
4. Save and load system
5. Being able to play solo but kis you automaticlly if you type in cheats
6. Magic, dragons, murlocs and creator that have some fantasy
7. Hard core bosses
8. Quests
9. 60-90 levels
10. Fun game content
11. PvP
12. A good background story
13. Reputations

If you succed with these 13 steps you have an RPG map that is so extremlly good that its awsomness is unquestionable.

Oh perfect, a checklist
1. I dont think we can add attachments to some heroes :( plus we dont have a terrainer, how would we find a modeler
2. 12 classes, each different role in the team
3. Can you elaborate?
4. Of course, its an orpg for a reason :)
5. Hmm that will be at the very end in the balancing phase.
6. Magic. Check. Dragons hmmm. Murloc Check.
7. Can you define hardcore, cuz thats what we are tryin to sort out atm, do you want long, bossfights?
Also do you want the bosses to have high hp and low damage or vice versa?
8. Lots of quests. Check.
9. 99 is max.
10. Define fun.
11. Check.
12. Check.
13. Reputations, well that gave me a big idea tyvm.

Level 2
As for the boss battles, it starts out steady in the first 20 or so levels, then you will need to think. The city fights will give you a limited amount of troops while the enemy continues to get until a certain point when they run out, where you have to fight his guardians then the boss. It will be unique and not repetitive. Every fight will be different. What do you think is a good ratio of how many they have to how many you have, 5:1?

As for the singe player compatibility, we thought about it several times, in the end, the game difficulty will not change. Also lets say a level 99 has the best things for his class, he will not be able to beat the last 3 storyline bosses and probably the optionals as well.

Game difficulty will raise by the average player, you could play the game in single player, I dont know how SWAT: Aftermath did it, where you can play in LAN but not in singleplayer, its probably a Boolean.

Status
Not open for further replies.