• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

What would cause this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AI will sometimes do this with workers and towers. What would cause it? I am away from home, so I can't upload the wai files unless someone has a ai-wai converter.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 180
  • untitled2.JPG
    untitled2.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Sorry to res such an old thread, but this is still a problem.

I believe I've found the cause. I have the AI triggered to upgrade from the standard watch tower to the tower you see in the screens. My thinking is that since it's a different unit id in the object editor, the AI's build que then thinks it needs to build another watch tower - thus being thrown into an infinite loop.

Is there any way to make the AI build que recognize the heavy tower as the watch tower?

Too many Peasants - You are using more villagers to be built than the AI orders to harvest. Just check if the amount of peasants trained is equivalent to the Gold and Lumber Harvesters you have put (its some windows upside the building/training thing that tells how much peons you want harvesting gold, and how much harvesting wood)

Too Many Towers - On the object data, check the AI placement Radius field. Just increase it.

Try it and tell me if worked.

Reactions: Rui
Maybe keeping the custom Ai as human or orc, will make it dont recognize the peasants/peons you built.

About the towers again: I just found a similliar bug somedays ago. Theres a field at the botom of the unit' informations thats called "Unit Equivalences". Find this in your Scout Towers and Put the Guard and Cannon towers on this field. Without this, after the AI finishes an ugrade, it will count that a tower is missing, as if it was "destroyed by enemy attacks". Puting the tower's upgrades on these fields tells the AI that tower wasnt destroyed, its still there, it was just upgraded.

EDIT: Forget what I said above. It just tells AI to replace units, not to do the upgrades.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.