• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AI to WAI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi guys. I'm actually creating a new race called Fel Orc, although based on default Orc race, but this Orc group are separated from the mainstream Orc units. But because the behaviour of their construction are the same, so I want to copy the default Orc's AI into the Fel Orcs. However, using the .ai files by Notepad faints my ass. I don't even know what are they talking about. So I was using the AI editor, which it can only import the .wai files. I can get the human.ai, orc.ai, undead.ai and elf.ai but is there any Blizzard Entertainment's Orc .WAI files? Or is there anything that can convert from ai to WAI (warcraft 3 a.i. files)

What my point is that I'm trying to find the default melee AI so that I can edit it through the A.I. editor. So I was looking for a WAI extension files for the four default AI races.

Last edited:
Level 4
I know there are two of them exist which are GruntMaster.wai and WyrmMonger.wai. But Im talking about the original AI scripts created by the Blizzard Entertainment.

Then I have checked the both war3x.mpq file, and I found the melee scripts
Melee_v0 > Scripts > Race.ai

However... to edit them in the Warcraft III Ai Editor i need a .WAI file...
so that doesnt really help me... because the AI editor don't support .AI file

unless theres a way to open it in Ai editor or something?

Level 4
Okay. Here's another thing. When the people says if you want to use the original melee AI for the Orc race, you will type the string 'orc.ai' in the Trigger Editor. Can anybody help me translate this long Orc AI script meaning into the AI editor? Anybody help could be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.