• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What will be the Best upcomeing Game system and why?

Whats the best upcomeing game system?

• Xbox 360

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
just because he voted doesn't mean he has to post. your thinking is too narrow-minded. and don't you mean game consoles instead of game systems?

Level 3
I'm going to go with the revolution for the same reasons Mecheon did, I can't wait to play all those old games again.

I have doubts about nintendo revolution. it's nice that we can play the old games on it, but i just dont like the controller design
media

Level 4
the nintendo revolution controller is great because it allows for realistic lightsabre battles to be played out.

Level 4
the nintendo revolution controller is great because it allows for realistic lightsabre battles to be played out.

but the ps3 will win hands down.

7 controllers and 8-core processor and bluetooth = ownage!!!!!

Level 5
PS3 FTW!!! Seriously, Revolutions will be awsome, but the nick name XBox 3Sh*tty (you know which console this applies to) seems really appropriate at the moment. Honestly, if you look at all the games out for each system, there are only two choices, and though the old Nintendo games are awsome, who can resist such series as Metal Gear Solid, Legacy of Kain, Crash, Twisted Metal and Devil May Cry?

Level 22
Cold-Voice said:
PS3 FTW!!! Seriously, Revolutions will be awsome, but the nick name XBox 3Sh*tty (you know which console this applies to) seems really appropriate at the moment. Honestly, if you look at all the games out for each system, there are only two choices, and though the old Nintendo games are awsome, who can resist such series as Metal Gear Solid, Legacy of Kain, Crash, Twisted Metal and Devil May Cry?

The only good game of those is legacy of kain, and u can also play that game on ps2, but then more beautiful.
PS3 is defenitly(how u spell that? :p) the best. revolution sux ars, all those cartoony mario baby games r really boring (I DID play em, so I know they r boring)
The only cartoony game I like for game cube is spyro.
PS3 is alot better then revolution and also better graphics then Xbox 360. Xbox was better then PS2 but now PS comes back! MUHA

PS: look at the votes... 1 for Xbox360, 2 for Revolution and.....5 for PS3!

Level 25
Ramza said:
all those cartoony mario baby games

All those OMFG LIEK TEH TOTALY REALISTIC DOWN TO THE TINIEST DETAIL!!!111!!oneelven!1!!1 games are boring to me. I'd rather play a game set in a world that doesn't exist. And so what if its cartoonish? That doesn't make it babyish, unless you're one of those stupid teenagers who want to be seen as "OMFG MATURE LOL U LIEK BABYISH STUFF LOLZ" who are often classed on the lower rung of intelectual power

Oh, and I go with Nintendo because they've PROVEN they are worthwhile. The PS and PS2 were both inferior pieces of technology that somehow survived despite the MUCH more powerful Dreamcast/N64 and Gamecube/X-Box existing. Really, Sony is LUCKY they have so many companies supporting them, otherwise they would have been kicked out of the market long ago

I still wonder WHY Square chose to go with Sony rather than to stick with Nintendo

And its a widely known fact that video game fanboys tend to prefer the PS3, seeing it as some sort of "OMFG LIEK TOTALY AWESUM!!!111!!eleven". I prefer to take a view based on what each thing can do and what's coming out for it. And I base games on GAMEPLAY

Mario gameplay > GTA gameplay > ET for Atari gameplay

Level 5
-Revolution. I'm really looking foward to the system's ultimate reverse compatibility allowing me to play 20 years worth of gaming history without dusting the old systems. I just hope that third party developers catch on to this and add some of their games to the collection. (Drools over the idea of playing the original Metal Gear and Gun Star Heroes that I never got to play). To those who worry about the controller, your fears won't come true. It's been confirmed by ign (not an advertisement) that there will be an add-on that will allow people to play games in a more traditional style. The remote plus analog combination has potential to revolutionize the console FPS genre by making the controls nearly as precise as their PC counterparts. The way I see it, the Revolution doesn't have as much power as the other systems, but it has great inner power due to all the new types of gameplay that are availible. I'm guessing that the Revolution will at least come in second due to the reverse compatability and low price alone.
-To be honest, I'm a bit concerned with the PS3. Sure it has incredible power, but supposedly, developers will have a real hard time (and costly as well) developing games for this platform. The really high price point is reminding me of the same things that happened to SNK's Neo-Geo system. (Incredible power and top notch games, but ruined by the $600 price.) There's one more thing that concerns me. Sony doesn't have a good reputation in regards to the craftmanship department, especially in the Japanese versions of their systems. Mecheon should know what I'm talking about here.
-"all those cartoony mario baby games"
No offense intended, but that sounded really shallow. Shallow as in the "this game/system/company sucks because it's kiddy, i.e. anything that doesn't have a T or higher rating is lame and not worth getting because of the lack of mature content" logic that seems to be rampant with mainstream gamers these days.

I'm on the X-Box Side, indeed. Problem is.. there seem to be very few games in the beginning. There PS3 has a lot bigger storage.

The Nintendos were never my favorite, I never had any Nintendo.. and that controller there? Man.. I would choose a GameBoy instead..

I must say, none of the Nintendo controllers were any good, except maybe the 64-controller.

X-Box has the best controlls, and I'm sure they'll continue on that, now they're even cordless!

Status
Not open for further replies.