• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What was the purpose of the Thieves Guild?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Hi,
just read about the hidden icon "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNThievesGuild.blp" and the beta model Neutral Building - Thieves Guild (Beta) and now I am wondering what its purpose was in the game. I know a Thieves Guild in Heroes of Might and Magic III: Thieves' Guild - Heroes 3 wiki
It shows player stats in comparison.

Does anybody know the purpose of it in the Warcraft III beta and why it has been removed?

If it had some nice functionality, I might readd it in my map.

Level 25
Found it myself:

Code:
Thieves Guild
Function: Reveals information on other players
models_3049_screenshot.jpg

Spies - Reveals all enemy buildings on the map. The player will be able to see anything other players can see, at a price of 200 gold per building on the map. This ability has a limited duration.

Rumors - Reveal the "scores" of each player."
Well, that building got completely removed from game, I used this screenshot from our model in model section.
source: War Craft 3/Frozen Throne Beta

Really interesting stuff. In my map the "scores" is basically shown in the multiboard but revealing the enemy buildings is really helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.