• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What the hell IE!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
I don't know if anyone noticed that i was gone for a really long time and suddenly thought i was back and then again not and then again i was here again and after that i was gone again.. Now i finally found out what caused my difficulties getting on this site lol. It was my INTERNET EXPLORER o_O!

How can this be? Is it corrupted or something? First i thought it was my internet connection because the huge amount of files posted on this site.. But it was my IE ? -.- what the hell? anyone ever experienced this before?

Btw, im using firefox now and i kind of agree that it is much better than IE from windows..

Level 34
They all do the job of browsing, but I find Firefox just plain faster. I have seen statistic saying most browsers are faster than IE.

I also like the overall appearance. I like the little Favorites bar.

Attachments

• Browser.jpg
    Browser.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 155
Level 15
Blacked-out bookmarks, huh? :wink:

Opera has its strong points, but it does have a problem with caching that no other browser I use has.

Level 19
Because most layouts look best with firefox, and i also use it for other stuff if i got it up :D, and heres my firefox.

Plus firefox is best for clearing history, and loads more :D

plus i like the apperence.

oh yeah here is a list of "Web Browser's"

Internet Explorer
Firefox
Safari
Opera
Netscape
Opera Mini

Attachments

• firefox.jpg
    firefox.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 162
Level 8
Kaitech[SanD];379947 said:
It has the worst interface ever

Why do you think that?

IE does suck. It's slow, has shit for security, and doesn't behave properly on lots of sites. Opera sucks because... well, I don't know, but I'm sure it sucks for some reason. Firefox is the way to go.

Level 15
IE and Firefox are just about equally fast.

I have not had that experience. Especially on computers with less RAM, IE ran noticeably slower than Firefox. (It starts up faster as some of the libraries it uses are already loaded by the operating system, but general tabbed browsing is slower to respond.)

Level 27
Kaitech[SanD];380346 said:
Give negative rep to this fool.

I learned how to CnP text when I was 3, and I guess he expects a medal for his new achievement?

Is your father a computer?

, Anyways why i cant load hive with IE while i can with firefox?
And oh.. for those who also use firefox how can i get the download thingy normal. its annoying me !!!!

Level 10
When I'm booted into Mac, I use Safari.

When I'm booted into Windows, I use Firefox.

The last time I used Internet Explorer was when I was looking through my applications folder, and wondered to myself:
"What the hell is this doing in my applications folder."

I opened it to see if I could find a reason why it was even on my computer, and came to the conclusion of 'Shits and giggles'.

Level 15
What problem :eek:?

It tends to cache pages over-zealously. I find I have to constantly force-refresh pages to get them to update. Whether this is due to Opera ignoring HTTP header RFCs, or Opera is following the rules and all other browsers have added their own behavioral changes to prevent such caching, I honestly don't know for sure. (Maybe it would be a good thing to test!) :wink: Either way, it makes browsing much more cumbersome in some cases.

I have not had that experience. Especially on computers with less RAM, IE ran noticeably slower than Firefox. (It starts up faster as some of the libraries it uses are already loaded by the operating system, but general tabbed browsing is slower to respond.)

I got the information from a somewhat slightly outdated article, but it should still be usable.

In the article Opera comes out the best out of all the browsers tested, IE and Firefox have different strenghts but are generally the same performance wise.

The browsers has been tested on: Cold start, Warm start, Rendering CSS, Rendering table, Script speed, Multiple images & History.

Level 15
I got the information from a somewhat slightly outdated article, but it should still be usable.

In the article Opera comes out the best out of all the browsers tested, IE and Firefox have different strenghts but are generally the same performance wise.

The browsers has been tested on: Cold start, Warm start, Rendering CSS, Rendering table, Script speed, Multiple images & History.

Opera certainly is reasonably fast. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.