• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What programes do i need to use costume abblities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
i was trying to copy and paste some costume spells from a map to my own map but it says there is something wrong so when i go to test spell nothing happens. can someone please give me a link to were i can download the right programe to make/copy and paste coustume spells.

Level 24
Make sure that you copy the triggers in the spell, and make sure that Automatically create unknown variables in Trigger Editor in Preferences is checked, so that when you paste the triggers in your map it will create the variables.

Level 1
every time i go into triggers to copy it to my map it dose not show the events condtios or actions it just has awhole lot of writing what dose this mean?

Level 21
It means the spell was written in jass.
to import a jass spell, basically you need to copy the text and paste it in a trigger. The trigger you're pasting it in needs to be converted to text. To convert a trigger to text, select it and go to Edit>Convert to custom text.

Note that some spells require scripts in the mapheader. (mapheader is situated right above the first trigger in the trigger editor with the name of the map on it). You must copy the mapheader as well.

Additional note: In your jassscript you must change the raw data of the abilityId to the abilityId of the ability in your own map...

Status
Not open for further replies.