• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to transfer Skill to another map!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Help me please because when i tried to copy triggers and skills from the map that i downloaded in Skills and when i Paste it to my map and play it nothing happens when i Start to use it! Tnx :ogre_haosis:

Level 1
I Download a Spell here in Hive and put it in Film Maker 2 map but when i play it and use the skill nothing happen tnx!

Level 9
Try going to the trigger editor, sometimes spell makers create an instructions there. Hope you can find one.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You will need to update object references for the abilities so that they mach the dummy abilities in your map. What might be A000 in the ability map could be A048 in your map (as A000 is something else) and as such you will need to change it to reflect the dummy ability in your map.

Level 18
Help me please because when i tried to copy triggers and skills from the map that i downloaded in Skills and when i Paste it to my map and play it nothing happens

We can't trouble-shoot descriptions of problems.

I Download a Spell here in Hive and put it in Film Maker 2 map but when i play it and use the skill nothing happen tnx!

Yes thanks for re-stating that. Again, no information.

how to update object references?

You could start by giving us some information.

I need the full tutorial tnx

Yea it's nice to see you put 3 seconds of effort into typing up even a half-assed description of your problem and being reluctant to give any information even when asked.

Can you post any more information? The actually map file would be great. Both the one you're copying from and the one you're copying to.

When your leg hurts you don't call a doctor and ask him why does my leg hurt? You go to the hospital and get checked out, because there are a number of reasons why your leg may hurt. Now the doctor has told you to come to his office to get checked out, and you keep repeating "oh my leg is hurting".

Try putting an ounce of effort into asking for help, and it may turn out to be more worth your while. As of now the people in this thread have been guessing based on common problems. You're lucky they want to help you enough to try these steps, because without you giving them any information you're essentially wasting their time with guessing games.

Level 19
Help me please because when i tried to copy triggers and skills from the map that i downloaded in Skills and when i Paste it to my map and play it nothing happens when i Start to use it! Tnx :ogre_haosis:

it's because you did something wrong
we can't tell anything else for sure

You will need to update object references for the abilities so that they mach the dummy abilities in your map. What might be A000 in the ability map could be A048 in your map (as A000 is something else) and as such you will need to change it to reflect the dummy ability in your map.

why you always try to explain stuff from a point of knowledge which is way above the problem being asked?
do you do this to appear smart or don't you even notice?
I bet he never ever pressed Ctrl+D or converted triggers to JASS to see these values if he even fails to copy a trigger
something like this would be more appropriate:

you got a trigger which begins with something like this:

event:
unit starts the effect of an ability
condition:
ability being cast equal to <ability>

change the <ability> to the ability you want to cast with your hero
make sure your hero can cast this ability and also make sure that he does not have any ability based on the same spell because spells will not work as intended if they both have the same "Order IDs" (if you copy a spell both have the same order ids so for you can't have a shockwave spell and a modified shockwave spell both at once without having weird things happening as for example shared cooldown)
the spell "Channel" is an exception because you can change its order id

if it is a JASS spell (which I doubt but it still might be possible) you will have to update these "Object References" as DSG said
every ability has an id which usually looks like A000, Apxf or something like that
you can obtain these values by going to the "Object Editor" and then to the "Abilities"-Tab and pressing Ctrl+D or by activating "View - Display Values As Raw Data"
next these 4 letters will pop up in front of the names of all abilities
then you have to search the spell text for a similar looking 4-letter-id and change it to the id of your spell

another problem might be that you did not copy the variables and the trigger disabled itself because it has no variables
so you have two possibilities:
1. create the variables by hand and enable the triggers
2. (easier) go to "Files - Preferences... - General - Automatically create unknown variables when pasting trigger data" and paste the triggers again

you might have to change the ability as explained above

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.