• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] How do i get started and advanced can i get some links? and info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
i knew how to model once but i forgot and i cant seem to find the link.

How do i use triggers ex. spawn waves. change models? change skins? add swords katans and such and that items can change the models weapon?

where can find.

hope someone experinced can tell me some of the basics. or at least point me in the right direction. how do i change spells to modfied spells?. how do i make my own spells?

how do i make recepies like dota. how do i make combined items to build a spell like spellcraft. how do i make a cinematic?

And yeah do tell me the " small details " . how do i add costumized " kill conunt". How do i see Costumized Healthbars. like sunken city. "map"

How do i dungeons like defiance orpg. and item drop / dungeon drop".

how do i limit the type of items" and add like " armor type" like weapon "type".

how do i make like spellcsat lighting" and it says lightnign" on screen.

how do i make like characters transform like evolve with quest or such. ( ANSWER THIS PLX)

im trying to get a general sence how do it".

thanks alot

how do i make a cinematic

Level 7
Wow so many questions.
Explaining every little part of the editor would take weeks.

Why don't you take a look here.
Most of the things are already written down, so there's no need to write it again.

If you have problems with those tutorials, need more informations or got questions which are not answered, feel free to ask us here.

Hope I could help a bit.

Level 3
Wow so many questions.

Most of the things are already written down, so there's no need to write it again.

If you have problems with those tutorials, need more informations or got questions which are not answered, feel free to ask us here.

Hope I could help a bit.

im looking for expert advice not some noobs trying to get points :)

Level 3
Wow so many questions.

Hope I could help a bit.

How do i make a cinematic

Level 28
That's an arrogant attitude for someone asking for help.
Let me tell you that SeriousEnemy is not 'some noob trying to get points'. He may not be a full-fledged pro like other senior members here, but I like to have him around on this site and he gives good avice.
I would also advise you to drop the attitude, or just get out.

You are literally asking for the basics of the basics. Things you can learn in 5 minutes by just opening the editor and messing around.
Open the object editor and look at all the values. Most of them are self-explanatory and will answer some of your questions (such as "how to change a model").
In case you do not know what the value does, look it up here.

Spawning waves, recipe systems, transforming units and more triggers can all be found on this site (either in the World Editor Help Zone, or the Triggers & Scripts board, you can learn how it works - in case you want an already working system, better check the Spells section).

One more thing:
like dota
Don't ever say this again, unless you explain what you want in greater detail.

Level 3
yeah it was uncalled for it just came out of me sry bro.

anyways isent there a speed run tutorial how to do all. dont give me a link with 100 tutorials:

.give me link for each ". im an aspie . so im not used to do multitasking. or speedrun. it annoys me.

can you give me some tips :()()()

Level 28
yeah it was uncalled for it just came out of me sry bro.
Yeah, don't do it again. I love my fellow hivers.
isent there a speed run tutorial how to do all
[...]
im not used to [...] speedrun.
Uh, aren't you contradicting yourself here?

And no, not really. Same thing with other subjects (pick anything: math, programming, languages, pro-gaming, anything that involves thinking): the best way to learn is to indulge in it and be constantly busy with it.
You cannot expect to just read a tutorial and understand how to create an MUI spell if you just started out.
Yeah, changing models and other object editor stuff doesn't take long to get (though there are many tricks and bugs that can be abused to really set it to your hand).
Triggering, on the other hand, will take some time.
As a matter of fact: there is something called the JASS Class, which is an amazing project where you start with the complete basics (you cannot get more basic than that) and slowly progress to understand how to be a better programmer.

It takes time to learn and to understand all of this.
If that is time you do not have, or do not wish to spend, then you're in bad luck :/.

Level 7

With this type of comment you won't get help here on hive.
No one wastes time for rude people.

But still I hope that someone will take the time to help you.

And if you spend some time and hopefully some better comments you will notice that no one cares about reputation here.
It just makes you smile when you log in and see that you get reputated for the last weeks of helping someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.