• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Import] What Path?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Okay, my last question. I tried to make the night elf archer to Nightmare's golden light archer... (CREDITS TO NIGHTMARE) using model editor by changing its material... the problem is idk its path... plz help...

FIXER
+rep
+follow
(you are my true hero)
PS
How to find its path? plz explain :p and what tools are required?

Attachments

• GoldenLightArcher256x256.mdx
    143.3 KB · Views: 25
Level 5
still remains nothing... D: i noticed it changed to GoldenLightArcher256x256.mdl when i imported it. xc i used a skin and just imported it to a archer... if you have more solution i would gladly do so... :D

Attachments

• TestMap.w3m
    86.7 KB · Views: 25
Level 5
Il try to make it clearer.
The question is- what is the path of the attached model?
Base- I edited a archer model in model editor to nightmare's golden light archer because i want to make one model use many skins. although i did not understand the site. i replaced the texture with nightmares archer and now the problem starts. it just remains nothing. no shadow, no nothing...
Ps
sorry for my grammar im not american :p

SKIN SITE = GoldenLightArcher256x256.blp

Level 13
Ok, that mean you did not import the skin or the path of your skin is incorrect. Did you really check the path of GoldenLightArcher.blp? It should be simply GoldenLightArcher256x256.blp, not war3mapImported/GoldenLightArcher256x256.blp.

Also, your model does only use 1 skin. You can check 3D modelling tutorial for this. :)

Level 13
The problem is that your skin is corrupted. Re-download skin from that link you provided. Then, remove the skin from your map's Import Manager, import the newly downloaded skin and apply the texture path to that skin. You also did not import the model in testmap, but you might imported it in your actual map.

Status
Not open for further replies.