• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

What operating system do you use?

What operating system do you use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Why is it a problem that i posted it here?
It's not really a problem, I just think the computer tech forum would be more fit for this thread.

Computer Tech Forum
computertech.gif
By popular demand, this computer technology discussion forum has been created as a designated board for The Hive Workshop community to discuss all matters related our computers and their accompanying technologies.

You might get some more intricate and profound replies is all.

Level 34
You should have made the poll multiple choice, I use more than one; as I'm sure others do. Also "Macintosh" should be OSX.

Level 11
You might believe a console runs on magic or belief but in mater of fact they are computers. People have even managed to get the PS3 booted with a custom version of linux.

About that PS3 and linux thing i didn't knew, but i meant that this thread was reffered, if i am right, to operating systems designed for PCs

As a matter of fact...people even got to make PS1, PS2, and Nintendo games working on Android, just saying...

Level 34
You might believe a console runs on magic or belief but in mater of fact they are computers. People have even managed to get the PS3 booted with a custom version of linux.
It's obvious what the intent of the thread was, please stop trying to impress people with your knowledge.

Going to try Windows 8 probably. Didn't realize it was in Beta, and I'm a little weary of XP.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Windows 7 (64-bit) on two machines, Ubuntu 11.10 (64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit), Ubuntu 10.04 (32-bit), Linux Mint 12 (32-bit) and EasyPeasy 1.6 (32-bit).

Windows because most of my software runs on Windows and various Linux distros because I can't decide which is better, and I like open source. EasyPeasy because I'm too lazy to do anything about it, originally tested it for a friend of mine who's part of the development team (though I think they've stopped working on it).

__
Oh, and if we're doing previous systems, my first computer ran on MS-DOS. Then I upgraded to Win 3.11, and then another Win 3.xx as far as I recall. Tried Windows 95 when it was released, didn't like it and it kind of lagged - yay - so I went back to Win 3.11 or something. I skipped 98 altogether myself and got Millenium (or Windows Me), which was absolute shite, but I didn't really use computer all that much any more in that period. Upper Elementary(?) and High School was serious business a party hard affair, and I hardly spent time home at all. At some point in-between Elementary and College, though, I got myself XP. Then I got Vista after I started studying at University six years ago. Finally getting Windows 7 back in April, last year. Altogether, I most fondly remember MS-DOS. I disliked XP so bad, ugliest OS Microsoft ever did. As for Linux, I've encountered Red Hat before, but I started using Ubuntu 7 as my first open-source OS. I used it purely in Terminal because, you know, MS-DOS nostalgia.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Ain't nobody got money for dat (w8)

Status
Not open for further replies.