• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

what isthe best way to transfer specific units

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can do it with the JNGP.

First, export your unit datas (File -> Export unit datas). It will create a file with .w3u extension.
Then open your other map and put this vJass line somewhere in the script :
JASS:
//! external ObjectMerger i <File path>
And replace <File path> by the .w3u file path ("C:\UnitDatas.w3u" for example).
Then save your map, close it and reopen it and it should be done.

If you have problems with external call, check up your jasshelper.conf file (it's inside the "jassnewgenpack5d\jasshelper" directory) and put those lines :
Code:
[externaltools]
"ObjectMerger","C:\Program Files\jassnewgenpack5d\grimex\ObjectMerger.exe"

Level 21
i dont want to risk being sued by blizzard for using a third party program. i would prefer if it was done the right way. blizzard seem to be working on a patch at the moment and that could completely prevent vjass from working.(i have found a test server on battle.net.) my pc is a bit slow at the moment so switching between maps takes a while. is there a way to access the exported things by importing them into the import manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.