• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is your favourite song at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2

I look into these vast skies,
That hold the might of a thousand fires,
Like Forefathers with thier wisdom,
Stars guide my path.

While times gates descend behind me,
You are nowhere to be found,
Left stripped, prey to the elements
with none but thy will.
Your absence, an aura carresing me,

Surrounding my way, decaying my path.
Blind is my journey wherever I might go

These grounds soaked in the blood of our loss
and the forests are growing on years of wait,
Covering our dark enchanting past,
Waiting for the light .

I look into these vast skies,

That hold the might of a thousand fires,
like forefathers with your wisdom
Stars Carry me on

Your absence, an aura carresing me,

Surrounding my way, decaying my path.
Blind is my journey, wherever I may go

As I fall from the treetops,

Emerging in flames,
Like a storm through the shadows,

Defeated in vain
and when the time passes,

for you shall see:
After our great departure,

Your presence was kept in me

Hey!!!!

Level 13

One of the best virtuouso and the artists the world has ever seen.

Eh? If we're talking about the best artists the world has ever seen, you might want to turn your head towards the old classical music folks.

Even then, this song has a pop-ish build and nothing really interesting to it.

Level 12
Eh? If we're talking about the best artists the world has ever seen, you might want to turn your head towards the old classical music folks.

Even then, this song has a pop-ish build and nothing really interesting to it.

Uh, what? If you mean Mozart or Chopen by "classical music folks", I already acknowledge their greatness. But calling Paul Gilbert "pop-ish", no.. This guy is a shiny "classic" himself and is a few hundred times superior than mere pop. Also, it's rubbish comparing artists of the distinct genres. And please, don't mix Paul Gilbert with pop again even if you didn't know.

Level 13
Uh, what? If you mean Mozart or Chopen by "classical music folks", I already acknowledge their greatness. But calling Paul Gilbert "pop-ish", no.. This guy is a shiny "classic" himself and is a few hundred times superior than mere pop. Also, it's rubbish comparing artists of the distinct genres. And please, don't mix Paul Gilbert with pop again even if you didn't know.

Sure, better than pop - but the one you linked still has a simplistic structure and nothing to hold interest for its duration. I didn't "mix him with pop," I was comparing cross-genre - which, by the way, is perfectly valid, as music is music.

If you can provide a link that actually shows interesting composition, I might be less inclined to disagree with you. :p

Level 12
Sure, better than pop - but the one you linked still has a simplistic structure and nothing to hold interest for its duration.

No no no, oh god no. From this comment alone, I would tell that you don't know anything about music, but I don't want to call a pointless arguement which would pollute this music topic. So I'm not telling that, but instead I'm telling; you are very very wrong, my friend.
One should notice the technical complexity and profession of his guitar works, his solos and riffs. His compositions have depth. Nothing to compare with computer-created shitty pop, isn't it? Paul Gilbert is a virtuoso, who has the expertise on guitar playing. Also, I might be wrong but I heard that he used to be one of the great tutors at Guitar Institute Of Technology.

I didn't "mix him with pop," I was comparing cross-genre - which, by the way, is perfectly valid, as music is music.

"Cross-genre"? You compared it with which cross-genre?

If you can provide a link that actually shows interesting composition, I might be less inclined to disagree with you. :p

This once, I will bother and show this, for the honor of the quality music.

Racer X is Paul Gilbert's former band, by the way. Which Paul Gilbert being it's one of the founders. It might be one of his first attempts at recording.
(Oh, and by the way, if you won't identify the neo-classicality of this one track, I won't even go on discussing)

Level 11
sure, if you call that rap

this is REAL rap

posers

lmao...! i thought you were being serious xD hahaha as i watched the first 6 seconds, i thought it was gonna be a pretty cool rap music video, then at 7 seconds i had second thoughts about it with the guitar, but there are a few rock/rap bands like Hollywood Undead, but what totally lost me was at 40 seconds.... then i was just like "Oooo hell naw!" xD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.