• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is your favourite song at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25

In Flames - Dead Eternity

At the Gates - Neverwhere

Dawn - Soil of Dead Earth

Sacramentum - Far Away from the Sun

Well, some melodic stuff this time around...
Sacramentum and Dawn, so underrated...

And yeah, I prefer the EP version of "Dead Eternity"
with In Flames, it has another... Feel to it, or something.
Not that the LP verison is bad, far from it, but I just
prefer the EP version.

Level 12
I think it's not a weird language. It looks like deutsch, I guess. Which is not so very weird.
But I think the reason why he only listens to german songs might be amenable for him being a nazi zombie :p

Level 35
I find it distasteful that most modern music is indeed written in English, which I consider a primitive language expanding to the expense of languages which are better suited for musicality. I try to discover and listen to pieces which promote not only a better sounding (like the strong, militant German language fitting perfectly with rock music), but ones that also have meaningful content (other than what comes from mainstream love/sex/fame/party songs), and are thus ignored by most people.

Level 13
I see your point. Personally, I think English sounds fairly melodic, which is nice. I don't like songs in Norwegian at all, or German for that matter - I don't listen to rock or metal for the "rough" kind of sound - but Swedish, for example, is a very good language for singing.

edit: it just seems like you intentionally seek out music in German or Russian and disregard English, even if there are nice English songs around.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Mr. Bob linked it in chat yesterday and I've had it in my tabs since then. Brilliant, simply brilliant.

Level 13
Mr. Bob linked it in chat yesterday and I've had it in my tabs since then. Brilliant, simply brilliant.

I didn't comment on this?

I have to comment on this.

This is BLOODY AWESOME.

edit: I think I'm schizophrenic or something, I can't pay attention to what I have or have not posted in this thread

Level 13
Oh come on, if you want power metal you can do better than Avantasia. I admit The Final Sacrifice is a pretty cool song, but imo their later stuff is better, even if it's a different genre - The Scarecrow, anyone?

Now dis 'ere's sum good progish power metal. As usual, I've no idea if I've posted it before, so bear with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.