• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is the greatest movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
1) It's Rambo. At least get the bloody name right before you try to claim it's the best movie ever.

2) It's nothing special.

The Matrix I think, is my favourite movie ever. I love the overlapping science fiction and philosophy elements. All of the allusions to Alice in Wonderland, follow the white rabbit, etc. Just amazing.

And for 1999. Fuck, I wish I was a little older, so that I would have been able to appreciate that movie for all it was worth when it came out.

Level 7
1) It's Rambo. At least get the bloody name right before you try to claim it's the best movie ever.

The Matrix I think, is my favourite movie ever. I love the overlapping science fiction and philosophy elements. All of the allusions to Alice in Wonderland, follow the white rabbit, etc. Just amazing.

He spelled Rambo wrong, you spelled favorite wrong... lol :grin: It's a chain!

I think my favorite movie would have to be Indiana Jones, all of the originals. The new one just isn't his style!
Holy Grail as well!

Level 36
V for Vendetta.

Even better than The Matrix trilogy in my opinion. The Wachowski brothers are amazing when it comes to movies.

I must protest! The Wachowski's should have never made this movie. The Comic on which it is based is amazingly good, it's just chock-full of freedom-fighting Anarchy-ladden goodness. Now, the Wachowski's turned the movie into this slow-motion-camera bloodbath. Fuck that.

It was a good movie, but the Wachowski's CANNOT work with preexisting material.

And in terms of plot, Matrix still > V IMO.

I must protest! The Wachowski's should have never made this movie. The Comic on which it is based is amazingly good, it's just chock-full of freedom-fighting Anarchy-ladden goodness. Now, the Wachowski's turned the movie into this slow-motion-camera bloodbath. Fuck that.

It was a good movie, but the Wachowski's CANNOT work with preexisting material.

And in terms of plot, Matrix still > V IMO.

Don't get me wrong, the Matrix trilogy is amazing, but they abandoned it to another director for the third instalment and that's a huge downside. The first one was amazing , however, and even the second one blew me away with the freeway chase.

As for the bloodbath, it was a single one minute scene (one that blew me away nonetheless) and the rest of the movie didn't have any slow-mo at all, or even bloodbaths (or if there were, the bad guys caused it). I haven't read the comic, and I don't want to compare either. Plus, the movie ended gloriously.

Again, these are all personal opinions, so there's no point in arguing. The original Matrix is tied with V for #1 on my list, but the whole trilogy falls to second place, which is amazingly close anyways.

Level 34
Godfather is the top rated movie on IMDB, but not a personal favorite. Same with Pulp Fiction.

I loved the lotr trilogy a lot, it may be my favorite, but there are so many I also loved. Shawshank Redemption was amazing. Batman Begins was an awesome movie. Transformers was a great surprise for me. Schindler's List was the most moving movie I have ever seen. Forrest Gump was funny, moving and awesome all in one.

Level 18
Fight Club, Boondock Saints, Léon.
My three favorite movies.

To be honest in my opinion The Matrix is one of the crappiest movies of all time decent idea horrid execution. I mean the acting alone is something that makes me vomit. Tack on stupidity with parts of the concept itself. The problem lies with the entire hey I can do whatever but I'm too stupid to do things fast and instead want to waste time with inefficient methods.

LOTR, the series could be cutdown to an hour of decent movie. However you can also cut it down to a 2-3 hour gay love movie.

Yea those are the only two i really have problems.
LOTR and matrix over rated CRAP.

Level 12
Matrix I was good.I could give it an 8 out of 10.The other two parts were horrid.They completely wiped out the main characters personality,he never looks confused,happy or interested.My shoes show more emotions than him.And after part one,it completely stopped being interesting.Its like the part one was pulled out of their head,and parts two and three were pulled out of their ass.

Anyway,my opinion is that the Godfather is indeed the best movie of all times.Not only did it made a huge move forward for the movie industry,but it had the best actors of all times starring.Brando,Al Pacino,De Niro...The acting is above brilliant,the story is great...(no,im not into guns,shooting and mafia).I also loved De Niro's Taxi Driver,and of course,The Devil's Advocate.

By the way,anyone who thinks any movie made after a Marvel comic book is the best movie of all times should be shot.Twice.

Level 14
Well most of my favorites have been said.. LotR.. Star Wars.. Boondock Saints..
but also a movie that no one seems to know/appreciate is The Big Lebowski.
It is by far my favorite comedy.
Also, Tombstone is pretty awesome.. and Red Dawn.. patrick swayze when he was cool.

Level 34
The original Spiderman was alright, but every other comic book movie (besides Iron Man, which was decent) blows.
I've enjoyed Batman Begins, Spiderman, The Hulk (the new one), X-Men 1+2 (3 was the biggest let down), The Punisher, Constantine, and 300 if you count that as a comic book movie. Can't think of any right now.

I never saw Hellboy, but my friends enjoyed it. As well I never saw either fantastic four movie.

Level 36
Well most of my favorites have been said.. LotR.. Star Wars.. Boondock Saints..
but also a movie that no one seems to know/appreciate is The Big Lebowski.
It is by far my favorite comedy.
Also, Tombstone is pretty awesome.. and Red Dawn.. patrick swayze when he was cool.

Dude, he's the man. The Big Lebowski was an amazing movie, so underappreciated.

I also love the collective works of Kevin Smith. Every movie he's ever made has just been total win, with the exception of Jersey Girls, which doesn't really count.

Level 14
Oh yeah I forgot about Kevin Smith. I actually used to live near where all his movies are based. Sigh..
And Jersey Girls does suck. Though if you've never lived in New Jersey you can never really understand the very subtle humor of Kevin Smith's movies. Pure genius.

Last edited:
Level 5
I love movies with Jim Carey, Martin Lawrence. Matrix, LOTR, Equilibrium, Star Wars, Next with Nicolas Cage...SF and horror movies.

Level 14
I love movies with Jim Carey, Martin Lawrence. Matrix, LOTR, Equilibrium, Star Wars, Next with Nicolas Cage...SF and horror movies.

You actually liked Next? That movie was the largest pile of crap I've seen. There were so many plot holes it wasn't even funny. Also, Nicholas Cage is the worst actor in the world.

Level 5
Yes, I liked Next because it's a great movie. And Nicolas Cage is a great actor, have you seen National Treasure?

Level 14
Yes, I liked Next because it's a great movie. And Nicolas Cage is a great actor, have you seen National Treasure?

Meh to each his own. Nicholas Cage is a terrible actor. Yes I have seen National Treasure, both of them. The only redeeming factor of the National Treasure movies was Harvey Kietel for me. Nicholas Cage has one character that he never EVER changes from. He's exactly the same in every movie, and it's not even a good character.

Oh well, whatever.

@TDB yes, King Kong was awesome.

Level 14
We seem to be forgetting a lot of movies.
I never saw Alien vs. Predator or even the 2nd one.. I heard they sucked.
Oh Indiana Jones 1 and 3 are awesome movies.. 2 and 4 sucked.
EDIT: Predator 1 was awesome.. 2 sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.